Midnight Bites: Stories of the Morganville…

Midnight Bites: Stories of the Morganville Vampires

by Rachel Caine

Myrnin's Tale - 3 Stars - No new thoughts or revelations from last time I read it.

Nothing Like An Angel - 3 Stars - I always find Myrnin's thoughts so interesting. I do enjoy reading from his perspective. This story told a lot about his history.

New Blood - 3 Stars - This could be described as the story of Shane, Michael and Eve. It all happens before Claire comes to town.

The First Day of the Rest of Your Life - 3.5 Stars - Read in 2011. Original review here

Amelie's Story - 2 Stars - Read in 2014. Original review here

Wrong Place, Wrong Time - 3 Stars - Read in 2014. Original review here

Dead Man Stalking - 3 Stars - Read in 2012. Original review here

Lunch Date - 4 Stars - Read in 2014. Looks like I didn't write any sort of review, but I did give it 4 start so I guess you can just say I liked it.

All Hallows - 4 Stars - Read in 2014. Original review here

Murdered Out - 4 Stars - Read in 2014. Original review here

Worth Living For - 4 Stars - I love that Shane and Michael are able to repair their relationship.

Drama Queen's Last Dance - 3 Stars - I feel like I had read that before though I know I haven't. Eve and Michael's relationship is so good. Darn Gloriana for trying to mess it up.

Vexed - 3.5 Stars - Told from Myrnin's POV, this tale was super creepy. I'm glad I wasn't home alone reading this.

Signs and Miracles - 3.5 Stars - I like Hannah. I would have loved a more personal story about her however this account of one of her days was interesting.

Anger Management - 4 Stars - Read in 2014. #LoveShane

Automatic - Stars - DNF

Dark Rides - 3 Stars - Read in 2014

Pitch-black Blues - Stars - Did not read.

A Whisper in the Dark - Stars - Did not read.

And One for the Devil - Stars - Did not read.

I didn't read the last four stories because I just lost interest. I've been opening and closing this for a month and making myself do so. One day I'll come back and read them but not today.

Random Thoughts:

Going through this book of shorts I realize my real draw to this series is Claire. Yes these other characters are interesting but I'm not hooked like I've been in the past. ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Aug 17, 2016 |
I love the Morganville Vampires. So when I saw this book, I had to read it. This is a wonderful collection of short stories that take place at various times throughout the series. The narratives are placed in timeline order. Some I already read and some were new.

I love that before each story Rachel Caine writes a little about what inspired the story. It is nice to get that kind of insight. I also appreciate that the stories are told from various character’s viewpoints. If you love the Morganville Vampire Series, you’ll definitely want this book.

Complimentary copy provided by NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  dlynch | Mar 2, 2016 |

"By day, Morganville, Texas, is just a typical college town. By night, the vampires emerge and take control.... In a town where it is not safe to be out after dark, student Claire Danvers and her friends have had their fair share of thrills, but Morganville still has a few secrets left to tell"--… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,634,961 books! | Top bar: Always visible