A Baby at the Beach Cafe by Lucy Diamond

A Baby at the Beach Cafe

by Lucy Diamond

"I almost broke into a sprint as I left Torn-Vagina Woman mid-sentence and followed Maria, my midwife, into her office."

This made me laugh out loud and made me know that I would love this little book. Evie and her husband Ed own a little beach café. Evie is heavily pregnant and needs to take a rest from working in the café but is reluctant to. Ed hires Helen, a former pub owner to be a manager of the café much to Evie's annoyance. And then - the women don't get on. Can Helen keep working at the café and will Evie ever really take her maternity leave?

I liked the characters of this little book. They are all genuinely nice people with their own issues and this is a situation that is very real and you can imagine happening. And its ends in a pleasant way. A nice little book. ( )
  Nataliec7 | Mar 11, 2017 |
I was given this book as part of world book night 2016 via book group. A very quick read, dobe and dusted in one sitting.

Evie is heavily pregnant and is running the beach cafe with husband Ed. Helen is employed so Evie can take it easy. Both ladies don't seem to see eye to eye.

This book falls into the genre of chic lit which I can read now and then. The book being really thin hasn't got enough for me to sink into. I like to get to know characters and get involved but with thin books I can't.

I don't know if there are more books with these characters as its not an author. I get the impression that if there are they would be too sugary for me. However the plot of this book could be made more sinister and then become a domestic thriller.

A very quick nice read. ( )
  tina1969 | Jun 30, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,407,977 books! | Top bar: Always visible