Forever Mates: Yuri & Liam (Siren Publishing…

Forever Mates: Yuri & Liam (Siren Publishing Everlasting Classic ManLove)

by Stormy Glenn

421,664,912 (4)None

Stormy Glenn's Forever Mates: Yuri and Liam is an installment in the Forever Mates series. This book tells the story of tiger shifter, Yuri meeting his forever mate, Liam. The story is sweet, but rushed. This is definitely a story of instant love. After meeting briefly in a local bar, the four shifter brothers are certain the four men who just walked into the bar are their mates. In this world, shifters are publicly out. People are aware that they share their communities with paranormal creatures. This does not appear to cause tremendous strife, still being gay, particularly late at night in a local bar, has its hazards. When Liam and his three friends, Jace, Rue and Bay come face-to-face with Yuri and his brothers, Mikhail, Zus, and Stefan the sparks fly all over the place. There are a series of quickies with most of the attention on Yuri and Liam.

The four pairs of men come together, each pair in their own distinct way. They all appear to be forever mates, instantly bonded to each other. While the sex is sexy, everything seems a little too rushed. One of the romance plot mechanisms that I like best is the build up in the relationship between the main characters. The tension of new attraction is missing here. The only real tension in the novel is the feud going on within the cat shifter pride between Yuri's family and wannabe pride leader, Ezra Craigen and his family. Craigen wants to prevent the Кугуар brothers from uniting with their forever mates, since having their mates will only make the brothers that much stronger.

The language is snappy:
“Honey, I hate to break this to you but we’re not anyone else.” A burst of laughter fell from Bay’s lips. “We’re loud, flaming, flamboyant queens.” Bay pointed. “Hell, the eyeliner on Rue’s face alone could get our asses kicked.”
The give and take of the friends is entertaining and I did laugh during some of the scenes, such as the one featuring Liam and a golf club. Still if you're looking for romantic drama, Forever Mates: Yuri and Liam won't fill the bill. I give it 3 stars. It's a nice, warm cuddle and despite the lack of fire, I liked it. ( )
  barbmanning | Oct 15, 2017 |
I enjoyed this more than I thought I would. Amusing for a late Saturday night. ( )
  RyaneCandyce | Feb 15, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,235,743 books! | Top bar: Always visible