Cursed (Beholder Book 1) by Christina Bauer

Cursed (Beholder Book 1)

by Christina Bauer

193537,190 (4.17)None

From one of my favorite independent authors, Christina Bauer, comes a new series that may as well be put on my, well, favorite new series. I loved reading her Angelbound series and when I saw an e-mail asking me to review Cursed, I almost fainted and immediately downloaded it on my Kindle.

Necromancers have always been one of my favorite beings and though the whole necromancer thing in the story are a bit dull compared to what I know, I still ate up the story like candy. Let's start off with Elea who begins off as an untrained necromancer who doesn't want to learn more about her abilities. As someone like me, I couldn't believe her not wanting to be one and get more powerful and under control. She is a solid character and her strong nature is always a favorite trait for me.

I really loved how... (more via website) ( )
  VesperDreams | May 20, 2018 |
*Great start to a series. Plot-driven emphasis on moving the action along.

*No romance yet but hinted. Good foundation; potentially strong romance.

*I like the MC. Go, girl! Control your hormones. XDDD

Note: I need to write more lengthy reviews again. Heh.
Note2: I checked and I have to wait until October to read the second book. *sigh* ( )
  Ayanami_Faerudo | Sep 1, 2016 |
CURSED started out pretty slow but quickly started catching my attention and once it did, I was interested until the end.

The events in CURSED happen really fast. We get some background, then jump into the action pretty quickly. Elea knows what she needs to do and doesn't let anything—even personal danger—pull her off course. Which really isn't surprising considering if she doesn't stay on course she will die. She works hard and I could definitely see that in everything she did.

It is clear pretty early on that Elea and Rowan will fall for each other. They were sent to each other to achieve their mutual goals and their connection grows really fast. Unfortunately I didn't get the amount of romance I wanted out of these two. Hopefully book two will bring that out.

I enjoyed the Beholder series world. Bauer has a great imagination and her words really brought everything to life. Once you get past the slower beginning the flow of the story picks up and I had no problem staying in the scenes. There are quite a few things left up in the air after CURSED ended and I will be keeping an eye out for book two, CONCEALED, so I can find out what the characters will be up to next.

* This book was provided free of charge from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  STACYatUFI | Jun 16, 2016 |

Most days, Elea couldn't care less about having Necromancer magick. Who needs to conjure skeletons and sprits when you're a farm girl? Elea only uses her powers to speed up chores and scare off suitors. Everything changes when the evil Necromancer Tsar curses Elea. Now, she only has five years left before she burns as a ghost, tortured for all eternity. They say there's nothing she can do, but Elea disagrees. She decides to embrace her Necromancer powers, train as a magickal assassin, and kill the Tsar... All before his curse kills her. Impossible as it may sound, Elea thinks she has it in the bag, but then everything goes horribly wrong. That's when a handsome mage named Rowan steps up to help. Elea wants an ally, but she doesn't need all the mixed-up feelings that come along with Rowan's crooked smile. An assassination mission is no time to fall in love, but Elea's heart may have other ideas...… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,285,899 books! | Top bar: Always visible