Revelation (The Revelation Series) (Volume…

Revelation (The Revelation Series) (Volume 1)

by Randi Cooley Wilson

Great start

Really intrigued by the revelation series, this book was a great start, Revelation built a world that's very easy to imagine , very likable characters, will be very interesting seeing where this tale is going , Adored Asher ( even when early on he was being a douche to Eve ) so wish he would stop running hot and cold on her, the poor girl must be getting whiplash with all the mixed messages. All the secondary characters were fab the brothers, aria, Abby and kenna, I even was slightly captivated by the mysterious gage, wonder what his deal is, and oh what a cliffhanger looking forward to book 2 . ( )
  carpathian1974 | Jun 6, 2017 |
Young Reader Reaction: Reading this book is a joy mostly because of the way the author built the world and the mythology. It is definitely unique: the story does not go where you think it will; and characters are not who you think they are. Eve is less ordinary than she thinks. I appreciated the steady pace, even when the action increased. I feel invested in the characters and the pseudo-family growing with each page. I wasn't fond of the ending, though. There is a big rise to the story, but not the climax I was expecting. The author seems to be trying to stir up excitement for her next book. She is rushing through the last paragraphs while the reader is still trying to grasp what is going on. I had to look back a few pages and say, “Did that just happen?” Overall, this was a great, quick read. I am definitely awaiting the sequel. When you want unique worlds, diverse mythology, and/or epic romance, Revelation hits the spot.

Adult Reader Reaction: Review pending.

Pros: Teens looking for great characters and relationships, diverse mythology and unique worlds will enjoy this kickoff to the Revelation series.

To read our full review, go to The Reading Tub®.
  TheReadingTub | Sep 6, 2014 |
I finished Revelation in a matter of TWO HOURS! It is that addicting. I couldn't put it down. I was supposed to watch a movie with my family and had to say no because I really got pulled in. Revelation is a somewhat dark story but has so much humor and fun-filled banter that you can't help but laugh or smile a lot throughout the story.

Revelation tells the story of Eve, in her point of view. She grew up thinking she was a normal teenage girl, until she stumbles upon the St. Michael family—Keegan, Asher and Callan—who are supernatural beings and are assigned to protect Eve, especially Asher, Eve's personal protector. But from what does she need protecting? What powers does she possess that makes Heaven want her for the protection of the world and Hell want her to destroy the only thing that could destroy evil?

Eve has a sarcastic humor and tries to take things lightly, which got me laughing a lot. Callan...I don't know where to start with this guy. He is the most childish of the characters and the funniest of all. You can't help but love him and love his funny attitude. Asher is so swoon worthy. He is the perfect Adonis. He gives off this vibe of mysteriousness but is a great guy. It sucks that Asher can't love Eve, since it is against the rules for him protecting her; had me frustrated but there are scenes that helped me.

There isn't much action happening in this book. It is more filled with information that it is needed so the reader can grasp the concept of it all. The history is very intriguing and captivating. I am positive that Restraint will be more intense and action packed.

Revelation is an outstanding story, for both Young Adult and Adult readers. Everybody will be able to enjoy this journey and will be happy to dive in head first. It is a story that will not disappoint. ( )
  GenGenBookBlog | Aug 17, 2014 |
I have received this book for free through Goodreads First Reads.

Revelation is a very good, promising start to a series. The story line was unique and the characters were all likable, even the baddies. It was refreshing in some ways that most books in the genre aren't. A quick, entertaining read, this should fit nicely in your to-read shelf. Now if only Callan were real. ( )
  CinaChilders | May 22, 2014 |

Eve Collins starts her freshman year at college blissfully unaware that one revelation will challenge everything she's believed to be true about her family, life, and future, and right in the midst of it all is Asher St. Michael. Mysterious and aloof, Asher is appointed to protect Eve at all costs. Bound by his oath of loyalty to mankind, loving her is forbidden. Dark and enigmatic, Gage Gallagher may be even more dangerous to Eve than the demonic army that hunts her. Caught in the middle of a centuries-old war, Eve must choose sides knowing that the wrong choice will cost more than just her life. Can Asher and Eve fulfill their destinies, or will their love destroy everything?… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,404,364 books! | Top bar: Always visible