The Renegades

The Renegades

113,689,591 (1)None
Recently added byfrumiousreads

I was sent this book by the author for an honest review.
Unfortunately for me, this book was not one that captured my interest. The premise itself explores the idea of being in a polyamorous relationship and the common stereotypes and difficulties associated with that lifestyle. The main character, Thursday, reconnects with an ex boyfriend and after a passionate afternoon together, he proposes that she comes to live with him in his lavish mansion along with his two other women, his wife and girlfriend.
The plot itself is choppy, and at times confusing in their transition. The ultimate conflict that the main character struggles with, about whether or not she belongs in this kind of lifestyle, isn't really engaging to the readers, and the characters are a bit one dimensional. I would have liked to see more of a backstory and personality from each of them shown by the author, instead of told.
Overall, this is a book with an interesting premise, but just not enjoyable for my taste in reading. ( )
  frumiousreads | Feb 21, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,755,931 books! | Top bar: Always visible