The Revenger by Debra Anastasia

by Debra Anastasia

421,664,912 (4)None
Recently added bynovunus, ToniFGMAMTC, CindySnS

FGMAMTC Blog Review  Excerpt & Trailer

FGMAMTC Blog #TopReads2015 Author & Character Interview  Excerpt from The Revenger
Savvy was an average wife and mother until an accident changed her completely. The reader witnesses the aftermath and evolution from Savvy to The Revenger. I really got into it. I felt the pain and excitement. The author did an excellent job of making me empathize with everyone. Lines between good and bad become blurred. The plot is full of action, sweetness and sadness. There's never a dull moment.

I love that this author is able to change up and write different genres. Some label The Revenger as dark paranormal. I personally would not label this as dark. To me it seems like an old school superhero story, the kind where a hero is born from great suffering. If you like Marvel, DC and such, you should definitely check it out. If you're looking for something different, this is it.

***Copy given in exchange for an honest review***

Fangirl Moments and My Two Cents

Website / Facebook / Twitter / Google  / Pinterest / Goodreads / Tumblr / tsū / Bloglovin'

ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |
Marvel comics should add this to their super hero entourage of movies.. Yes you heard me right super hero. This is not a romance but a unique revenge urban fantasy, like a female Punisher.

What starts off with a woman so depressed that she has tried to end her own life multiple times after the death of her husband and child soon morphs into urban fantasy land when she find out she can recognize true evil in a person and takes it upon herself to punish them with the super strength she gets when around a person with evil in their hearts.

As with all super hero's there has to be an arch nemesis and she comes under his radar and he takes her for his own nefarious plans for the world. He has a large amount of minions working for him but as the story progresses we find that not all of them are bad – some are good people just being forced to do bad things.

The story builds up to quite an explosive conclusion – literally. Not an ending you'd expect but it was a satisfying one.

Its always fun reading these unexpected little gems, even though there was a fair share of sadness through out this book there was also a good dose of humor and redemption of many you'd not expect it from. ( )
  CindySnS | Oct 26, 2016 |

Debra Anastasia is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,924,556 books! | Top bar: Always visible