The Perfectly True Tales of a Perfect Size…

The Perfectly True Tales of a Perfect Size 12

by Robin Gold

Domestic Bliss, a lifestyle how-to television program, would be nothing without their creative and efficient producer, Delilah White. Everyone knows she is going to get a big promotion soon. Being a caring person while putting up with New York life is sometimes a hard thing to do, so Delilah decides to accept her friend’s invitation to her family’s estate in the Catskills for Independence Day weekend. She doesn’t expect that her co-worker, the beautiful Margo, is coming also to secretly sabotage her chance at the promotion. Through this adventure, Delilah falls in love with a man who she fears already has a girlfriend while never thinking self-consciously of herself fitting perfectly in a size 12.

When I first picked up The Perfectly True Tales of a Perfect Size 12, I was expecting a cute, little story about a girl who found herself beautiful just the way so was. While I was not fully disappointed, it was not what I expected. Instead I found far too many curse words and some sexual references that were unnecessary at making the book enjoyable. I could have done without them, yes, but it didn’t stop me from liking the book. The love story between Delilah and Jack put so many smiles on my face, that I had to share some parts of it with my friends. They, too, could not help but enjoy it. ( )
  GirlwiththeBraids | Oct 28, 2008 |
The thing I really liked about this book was that the main character, Deliliah, is a real woman. She's comfortable in her skin, so to speak. She's not afraid to look a little silly, and she's confident about what she can do and what she thinks. It was nice to read about a woman that I could relate to and emulate. The only thing I didn't like was the cursing. The weird thing was that it wasn't even consistent through the book. It was more as if the author was just writing along and then thought, "Oh yeah, I need more usage of the f-word. Toss a few in here" and then she kind of forgot about it for awhile. Otherwise, I liked it a lot and would like to find more chick-lit like it. ( )
  tjsjohanna | Mar 22, 2008 |
a light read, good for the beach ( )
  readabook66 | Apr 1, 2007 |

Delilah White’s perfect New York life is about to take a tumble . . . but change is good, right? Right?!?

Delilah White, television’s semi-famous (to her own shock) and completely endearing Domestic Diva, likes herself just the way she is: a perfect size twelve. When her boss announces that she’s taking an early retirement, Delilah finds herself pitted against her rival, the statuesque Margo Hart, for one of the most coveted promotions in television. As the office politics are heating up, Delilah jumps at the opportunity for a long weekend at her friend’s family estate in the Catskills, only to have Margo make a surprise appearance and start stirring up trouble. Armed only with a pink polka dot bikini and her sometimes overactive imagination, Delilah must balance her budding romance (with a man who just might be otherwise committed) and a sudden meltdown at the office. As one disaster follows another, it takes all of Delilah’s charm, ingenuity, and spirit to come out on top.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:12:56 -0400)

As the office politics heat to a rapid boil, Delilah escapes for a long weekend at her friend's wacky family estate in the Catskills, only to encounter two surprise houseguests who threaten to turn her world upside down.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,560,231 books! | Top bar: Always visible