Bob Marley, My Son by Cedella Marley Booker

Bob Marley, My Son

by Cedella Marley Booker

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
interesting history into the life of a Man who graced our land with so much powerfully uplifting music. I like reggae music. we knew the music now we know that man behind the music. Most great music tells the story of hardship and struggle. LONG LIVE BOB MARLEY!
  nluvwithx | Nov 21, 2016 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I love reggae and I grew up listening to Bob Marley. This biography sheds a lot of light on his upbringing and life and death. Sad story but also inspiring.
  clif_hiker | Mar 16, 2016 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I think this provides good background information and context for learning about Bob Marley, but it's not the right book to read if you want to know more about his life. A few of my students were disappointed with it, as they wanted to know more about the man himself...his childhood, his life, his career, etc. ( )
  mrsgardner | Sep 17, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This is also a belated Early Reviewer review. I am having some trouble with migraines but it's calmed down now. I enjoyed reading Miss Cedella's biography as well, but I must admit I expected to see more of Bob than just his death. It could also use to be chronological. It mistakes the most sense in a biography. All in all, a decent read. ( )
  karmabodhi | May 11, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Easy to read, but as others have commented, this book is more the author's biography rather than that of Bob Marley. The writing is poor as she goes back and forth over events, they don't flow from one thing to the next. ( )
  pwagner2 | Apr 17, 2015 |

The mother of the reggae pioneer tells the story of her son in a memoir of life with this icon of world music, detailing her son's involvement with Rastafarianism, the women in Marley's life, his rise to success, and his battle with cancer.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Cedella Marley Booker's book Bob Marley, My Son was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,018,657 books! | Top bar: Always visible