You Don't Die - You Just Change Channels by…

You Don't Die - You Just Change Channels

by Chuck Swartwout

113,689,591 (5)None
Recently added bySusan-Keefe

I just loved this book, it is written in such a friendly chatty manner that it draws you in straight away. When I read in the introduction this 94 years young author saying “When I tell you that I am 94 years old, you may think that I’m either nuts or a dreamer to think that I can accomplish all that at an age where some people don’t want to commit themselves to buying green bananas.” I just knew it was going to be interesting.

Like most people, as a young person, Chuck Swartwout never considered growing old, however, years later after the loss of his much loved wife of 54 years, Gretchen, he found himself re-evaluating his life, questioning if his good luck at various times, was luck and not something else, and this fuelled his fascination in the afterlife. Thus began his quest for knowledge.

He has had an incredibly interesting life and career, and because of this, and his fascination in so many different things, the world we live in, the spirit world, religion, space, and everything in between, he decided to write this book. However, this is no ordinary book, the author doesn’t tell you what to do, how to think, and what is right. No, this is a ‘feedback book’ written to provide you with information, varied and unbiased, on space, the universe, the spirit world, mediums, religion, near death experiences, after death communication, the future, God, and so much more. Chuck Swartwout wants to hear from you when you have read it, he cares what you think. He wants to hear your thoughts on the subjects he has brought up. He personally believes there is an afterlife, but he wants to hear what you think about the subject. Why, because he plans to write at least one more book and wants more information, this man has a real thirst for knowledge, one I have never seen paralleled.

I am interested in near death experiences, after death communication and the spirit world, and my husband has a deep love of science and space, all through this book, I found myself reading passages out to him, I couldn’t help myself.
Chuck Swartwout strongly believes that we must end all wars and that communication is the key. Included in the books is a lovely letter from one of his granddaughters who is in the Peace Corp in Peru, in which she clearly illustrates how the differences portrayed in the various parts of the world, be it everyday tasks, or pleasures, such as dancing, are not different, they are just other way of doing the same thing. Communication is key, whether in this world or the next.

The author believes that this is so important that not only does he want to write more books, he is also looking for billionaire sponsors for a new project he is proposing. This project is about communication with the spirit world, and has the tentative name Spirit Lab. You can read more in Appendix 1.

The front cover picture is a copy of an original watercolour by his beloved wife of 54 years Gretchen, whom he firmly believes he will be reunited with in the future. Reading this book has opened my eyes to many things and taught me so much, I hope his belief that they will be reunited is true and look forward to reading the sequel. ( )
  Susan-Keefe | Feb 22, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,992,345 books! | Top bar: Always visible