Storm by Carian Cole
193537,190 (3.86)1

Wow

this is the second book I have read by Carian Cole and I enjoyed this one just as much as the first. Absolutely loved Storm what a bad boy but also so sweet and adorable and Evelyn when she actually let go was the perfect match for this cheeky hotty. Hated Michael with a passion, I would have kicked that losers butt to the kerb years ago what a douche, Evie was well rid, I really enjoyed the playful tone to this story and the banter of these two lovers. what a great read this was. ( )
  carpathian1974 | Jun 6, 2017 |

Evelyn is a business woman that gets lost in a blizzard. Storm is the man who tries to keep her sane and alive during the bad weather. I really get a kick out of Storm especially when they first meet. I also love her internal monologue during this time. He is a huge, hairy, muscular, tattooed man wearing eye liner and a cowboy hat. Her reaction to him is so comical.The last thing I want to do is sit in the backseat under a blanket with this long-haired, guy-linered, sunglassed, face-pierced, cowboy hat wearing freak. What strange hell have I fallen into?

"I like being different. I don't feel the need to fuckin' bend."
Evelyn has a lot of issues. They both have a troubled past and obstacles in their way. Both have also been accepting what's available in their lives, but now they may be able to find what they deserve in each other.How can you have a beautiful ending without making beautiful mistakes?Storm is super direct and honest, totally himself in all situations. I think those are great qualities.

Besides a couple of hiccups, I really loved the first half of the book. The writer is very witty. I did enjoy the book overall, but I don't feel that the second half kept the great momentum going. I did like the family aspect, and I am interested to find out what happens in all the characters lives.

I give it 4.2 rockstars.

***Copy given in exchange for an honest review***

toni

FangirlMoments and My Two Cents

FULL REVIEW CAN BE FOUND AT http://fangirlmomentsandmytwocents.blogspot.com/2014/10/storm-by-carian-cole-blo... ( )
  ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |
Review courtesy of Dark Faerie Tales

Quick & Dirty: A funny contemporary romance with some dark elements and a very sexy, curse slinging rock star.

Opening Sentence: Sometimes, when I’m driving alone, I go into what I call the ‘road coma’ where I suddenly become acutely aware that I have no recollection of the past, say, twenty or so miles of driving.

The Review:

Storm is the first book in the Ashes and Embers series. This is a funny contemporary romance with some dark elements. I would not classify this book as New Adult as the characters are 30 and 26, with one of them having a previous marriage. Storm was a book that came along at the right time for me and really spoke to me, so this may not quite be as fun a read for other readers as it was for me.

Evelyn suffers from panic attacks and a bit of depression. She is also kind of spacy so it is not too much of a surprise when she gets lost in a snowstorm. Then matters don’t get any better when she wrecks her car. A strange man comes to her rescue. She thinks this psychopath is going to kill her but he won’t leave her behind in a wrecked car to freeze to death. She relents only to get into another wreck with the guy. Evelyn and Storm are stuck in his truck for two days before they manage to get out of the snow storm. Those two days were enough for Storm to develop a fascination with Evelyn especially when he learns how terrible her love life is.

Evelyn has been in a relationship for the past twelve years with Michael. She never really thought anything was wrong until Storm started poking holes into her life. I really liked Evelyn in the sense that she really stuck to her morals when she told Storm that she wasn’t going to cheat while she was in a relationship, although Storm did make that decision hard for her. He tempted her several times. Evelyn could be grating at times because she is not perfect but I really enjoyed her banter with Storm and her inner thoughts. I think what drove me the craziest about Evelyn was how long she drug out her leaving Michael plan.

Storm is crazy uber sexy who likes to let the curse words fly. I really enjoyed him and his dedication to Evelyn. He was so sweet to her. I want my own Storm. Storm is the guitarist for the famous rock band Ashes and Embers. He loves how Evelyn didn’t know who he was and the fact that she treated him like a normal nobody. He really loved how she fell for him without knowing about his money or his fame. Storm is also not perfect and has plenty of girls fawning all over him so you can imagine how that goes…

Storm is told only through the first person of Evelyn. There was just something about Storm that I just couldn’t get out of my mind. I read the synopsis and really loved how it was written. I immediately began reading it which could have been a mistake since I only get a few hours of sleep a night anyways, I tried to put it down but all I could do was think about it so I decided to keep reading instead of sleep. I got a 20 minute nap before I went into work and that was only because I was starting to get tired and I knew I wouldn’t finish it before I had to go into work anyways. I finished the book when I got home before I even took a nap. There are some personal things in this novel that parallel my own life so that really got to me. That is one reason why I think I loved this novel more than what other people will.

Overall, I would recommend this novel for anyone who loves a funny yet dark contemporary romance with an insanely sexy rock star.

Notable Scene:

“Can you give me twenty seconds of you not thinking, not analyzing, not pushing me away? Will you do that for me?”

“I’ll try.”

He grins at me. “Not try. I want you to do it.”

“Okay. But only because you got me a white mocha.”

“Shhh…”

Before I have a chance to think, his lips are on mine, soft and lingering. Touching then not touching. Oh, God. Don’t think. He pulls away slightly, but I lean up to meet his lips again and that’s all he needs to kiss me deeper, his tongue slowly sweeping over mine. A small gasp escapes me. Don’t think. I become breathless, drowning in his kisses. My hands go up to his neck under his long, soft hair, holding him to me. I need so much more of this, so much more of him. He grabs my hands in his and pins them down on the pillow over my head and starts to kiss me wildly, devouring my mouth with his. Holy fuck. I wish I didn’t feel sick. Pulling away slightly, he stares down at me, breathing heavy. He keeps my hands in his grasp.

“I’m going to stop now,” he says between breaths. “But I want you to do one more thing for me.” He kisses me softly again and then pulls back. “I want you to think about the idea of us. But not until I leave. I’m going to stay here until Saturday night with you, and we’re not going to talk about any of this, and I’m not going to kiss you or touch you.” He lowers his lips to kiss my neck, his teeth grazing my flesh. My clit quivers in response. “I want you to come to my show next month, and I don’t give a fuck if you bring Michael or Amy or not. I want you there.” He drags his lips up to my neck to my mouth. “Then I’m going to be gone for a few months and you’re going to have a lot of time to think, Evie. When I get back, I want you to tell me what you want.” His green eyes stare down into mine. “Okay?”

I nod slowly, too stupefied to speak.

FTC Advisory: I purchased my own copy of Storm. No goody bags, sponsorships, “material connections,” or bribes were exchanged for my review. ( )
  DarkFaerieTales | May 5, 2015 |

I felt the wind rustle, warning me, telling me to get out of its path-but I didn't. I never stood a chance.A series of weather and road mishaps leave me trapped in the middle of a blizzard with a complete stranger. In the back of a pickup truck. For forty-eight freakin' hours.A stranger with long hair, tattoos, and rippling with muscle. A stranger with an insanely sexy voice and a wicked smile that turned my insides to jelly. A stranger who held me in his arms, calmed me, and then set a fire in me that I couldn't put out.Some people chase storms for the beautiful thrill. What happens when the storm chases you?Contains mature themes.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,695,356 books! | Top bar: Always visible