Blood Trail by Nancy Springer

Blood Trail

by Nancy Springer

I read this to see if I could get any pointers for technique of a mystery for middle reader/ YA level readers, especially since I loved this author's book Boy on a Black Horse. But the ending left me hanging, the story seemed very short and jumped gaps of time where nothing interesting must have been happening... not my favorite. More of a YA novel about dealing with grief than one about a murder, as it *spoiler* is never brought to a resolution. ( )
  MargaretPinardAuthor | May 23, 2015 |
  margaret.pinard | Jul 24, 2014 |
This book is about this boy named Jeremy. He washanging out with his best friend Aaron. Aaron was a big tuff guy. He was on the football team so it stroke Jeremy by surprise when Aaron told him he was scared of his brother Nathan. Jeremy was not worried about Aaron, he could handle anything. Before Jeremy went home Aaron told him to all in about ten miuntes. Jeremy ended up calling him twenty miuntes later because he forgot. when he called the first time, someone picked up with out saying any thing. The second time he got the anserwing mationen. The thred time Nathan picked up and said Aaron was not home and hung up. Jeremy statred to get worried. He was on his way to Aarons house when his mom stoped him. Then he heard siren went past his house. When he saw the ambulence in front of Aarons house he was very worried. He was hoping it was someone elso. Nope. He heard a cope tell Aarons father that Aaron had been stabed to death. Jeremy couldn't belive it. Who could have killed his best friend, then he remebered what Aaron said that day, when he said he was scard of his Brother. Nathan. I couldn't be turn he thought so he did not tell the detective who he was scard of. Everyone felt sad for Jeremy and Aarons family. Then finally Jeremy finally ended up telling the detection about how Aaron was scared of Nathan. Then sadly everyone hated him. Aarons family, the kids at school. Everyone thought he was lieing, and he was trying to hide something, when hw was not. He did not want to belive what Aaron said about Nathan, until he talked to his father. his father told him everything. That Nathan must have down it. All the evendenece was ponting at Nathan. Blood never goes away, and the blood trail showed that Nathan was chasing him. Also that when Nathen picked up the phone he must have went past the body that was in the kichen, and a lot more. With the fact that Aaron was stabed seventy five times in the neck. Soon the hatrid from his friends went away. His life was still dark, and sad and full of regret. But he had to put he past behind him, even though Aaron would stay in his heart forever and always.

When I read the frist chapter of this book, I was detremend to take it back because I might have been to sad for me. I was, I couldn't stop thinking about how horible it must of been if the book were real, and the fact that it was Nathan that killed him. His own brother. It blow my mine when I heard the facts. I almost was sick when I heard about the stabing. One thing I forgot to mention was that Jeremy found out way Aaron couldn't defend himself. It was because Nathan was his brother, and he loved him and could not hurt him. That taut me a lesson, about how the love of your family can come at the werst times, but love is strong, and sometimes that is the problem in this case.Even though it rotid in my mind for days, weeks even, I think this book got to me in a good and bad way. I hope other readers will fell the same. ( )
  Alexis.Goodro | Jan 5, 2012 |
Student Review:
This book is about two high school boys that were the best of friends. One day they were at a lake catching crawfish. Jeremy, the main character, saw a big fish. "You should take it home and feed your family," he said to Aaron. But Aaron said no. He was not going home because he was scared. He finally rode his bike home and told Jeremy to call him. This is where the mystery begins.

I picked this book because I like these kind of stories. I like a little bit of a mystery to get me thinking.
  ihs_library | Mar 3, 2009 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0823420639, Paperback)

Jeremy and Aaron, 17, have been inseparable since second grade. Now Aaron has been brutally murdered, his body mutilated with 73 knife wounds. In small-town Pinto River, rumors abound and spread like wildfire. First there is total disbelief that this could happen. Then the community is sure that a psychotic serial killer is on the loose. But Jeremy has kept one small fact from the police: Aaron told him that he was afraid of his twin brother, Nathan. Springer captures feelings of fear, grief, anger, and revenge. Her direct, simple vocabulary and sentence constructions contribute to an accessible book for less capable and reluctant readers. The dynamics of two families, the community, and the police investigation keep readers guessing, even though the ending is predictable. A quick and easy read.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:03:28 -0400)

After his best friend is murdered, seventeen-year-old Booger realizes he is the only one who has any idea who might have committed the crime--but he doesn't dare tell anyone.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,304,550 books! | Top bar: Always visible