Romancing Redemption by Bonnie R. Paulson

Romancing Redemption

by Bonnie R. Paulson

91950,433 (4)None

Romancing Redemption is the first in a five book series about the daughters of Develyn Caracus. In this first book we are introduced to the first two girls Rosie and Sara-Beth. Rosie and her sister had lived for a few years at a whorehouse where her father had left them. At the age of 17, Rosie, 5 years older than her sister, got them out of that situation and had been raising her sister on her own since then.

Now living in the small town of Colby and though just making ends meet financially, Rosie and Sara-Beth are managing. Harassing her and threatening to expose her past to the townspeople on a daily basis is Philip, an unsavoury character who wants to keep Rosie under his thumb for himself.

Michael Rourke, a local ranch hand has seen Rosie where she works at the cafe and been stunned by her beauty and has been working up the nerve for a long time to approach her. Rosie has also seen Michael and thinks he's good looking too, but knows that if she ever spoke to him, Philip would punish her but good.

Romancing Redemption is a clean romance that will pull at your emotions as you grow angry at the injustice with which Rosie and Sara-Beth are treated, as you feel the fear of rejection that Michael experiences and as your anger grows at Philip's evil ways.

I liked the pacing of the story and the building up of each character's history so that we get a good understanding of who they are. I appreciated Michael's chivalry when he invited Rosie and Sara-Beth to live at the Rourke Ranch, providing her with her own room and making it clear that he had no intention of sleeping with her.

Romancing Redemption was a good novel that can be completed in a couple of reading sessions and makes for a good escape from heavy serious material. I gave it 4 stars out of 5.

Thank you to the publishers for providing a copy of the book in exchange for a fair and honest review. A positive opinion was not required. All thoughts are my own.

This review was published on my blog Shelf Full of Books http://kathrynsshelffullofbooks.blogspot.com/2015/03/book-review-romancing-redem... ( )
  KathrynSvendsen | Mar 25, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,822,818 books! | Top bar: Always visible