Heart of Glass: A Memoir by Wendy Lawless

Heart of Glass: A Memoir

by Wendy Lawless

211515,329 (3)None

I read this author's first book Chanel Bonfire and enjoyed it a lot. Although to be honest it was not my typical reading material. Yet, what I really liked about that book is the "rawness". Everything about the character to the story was exposed like an onion. Peeling off layer by layer added to the depth of the story. That is why I was intrigued to read the author's memoir. I wanted to get to know more about the author behind the book.

I did feel like I got to know who Wendy is as a person and not just a writer or actress. If I had to describe Wendy in three words I would say: "fearless", "intriguing", and "kind". Just like Chanel Bonfire in this memoir, Wendy does not hold back. Everything that Wendy experienced made her grow into a strong, independent twenty something woman. Yet as much as I did enjoy reading about Wendy's life I was not always focused on what I was reading. However this is a good memoir. I can not wait to read the next book written by this author. ( )
  Cherylk | Mar 5, 2016 |

In this edgy and romantic follow-up to her "New York Times" bestselling debut memoir, "Chanel Bonfire," Wendy Lawless chronicles her misguided twenties a darkly funny story of a girl without a roadmap for life who flees her disastrous past to find herself in the gritty heart of 1980s New York City.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,421,585 books! | Top bar: Always visible