Faith, Vol. 1 #1 by Jody Houser

Faith, Vol. 1 #1

by Jody Houser

511,436,638 (5)None

This was great!

The art style is clean, well-polished, the colours are really well-harmonised. I particularly like art in Faith's daydreaming sequences -- the colours are dreamy and the actual style is different but still totally consistent.

I love the modern writing style, all the nods to fandoms, sci-fi shows and contemporary internet / tumblr-speak. One day it might show its age, but right now? It's pretty on-point.

Faith is a great heroine. I love the way they draw her, I love the way her inner dialogue is written. And I adore that she's a plus-sized heroine, doing her thing, going through her day, just like everyone else.

The authors and creators treat her with respect, and I thank them for all the effort that went into this comic.

(Thanks to Netgalley for allowing me to read this in exchange for an honest review. I'm glad I did!) ( )
  lydia1879 | Aug 31, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,335,903 books! | Top bar: Always visible