Imponderables by David Feldman

Imponderables (original 1986; edition 1987)

by David Feldman

Member:Shijuro
Title:Imponderables
Authors:David Feldman
Info:Perennial (1987), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 264 pages
Tags:trivia

Imponderables by David Feldman (1986)

This series has answered many questions for me and prompted many more. It's truly fascinating and well written. ( )
  benuathanasia | Sep 5, 2012 |
This was a fun read to pick up and go through in segments. It's basically one of those 'random question and answer' books, and I have to admit, I learned a few new facts that I don't think I'll ever forget: for example, ever wonder why you can't buy shelled 'cashew nuts', though you can buy all other nuts still in their shell? It's because... *drum roll please*... cashews aren't nuts, they're seeds! Mmm-hmm, it's true! And if you want to know more, read this book (or you could Google it, but which one is more fun?).

I'll be the first one to say, it makes great bathroom reading. *heehee* ( )
  dk_phoenix | Jun 16, 2009 |
Trivia. Not spectacularly uninteresting, but in some places hilariously out of date. ( )
  bluedream | Apr 12, 2009 |
Look around -- the world is full of perplexities, puzzlements and peculiarities, all just begging to be explained. Imponderables provides the answers. Inside these pages are innumerable insights into science, nature, history and daily living, written both to entertain and enlighten.
  rajendran | Feb 23, 2009 |
This collection of answers to commonly contemplated conundrums elicits amusement at almost every page turn. Check it out! ( )
  derebrary | Nov 26, 2008 |
For my parents, Ray and Fred Feldman—the best.
What is the difference between "partly cloudy" and "partly sunny" in a weather report?
Originally published in 1986.
Later reprinted in 2004 as: Why don’t cats like to swim?

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,242,603 books! | Top bar: Always visible