John Lennon: In His Own Words by Ken…

John Lennon: In His Own Words

by Ken Lawrence

34None329,500 (3)None

No reviews

As writer, actor, and activist, his words and music shaped a generation. John Lennon: In His Own Words is a fitting tribute to a man who changed the world with his music and his message.

John Lennon inspired millions during his too-brief lifetime. First with the Beatles, then as a solo artist, philosopher, and peace activist, he spoke for a generation that believed they could change the world, and did. Now his words are preserved in a handsome hardcover volume that will touch his many fans and enlighten a new generation.

* "Imagine all the people living life in peace. You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. I hope someday you'll join us, and the world will be as one."

* "My role in society, or any artist's or poet's role, is to try and express what we all feel. Not to tell people how to feel. Not as a preacher, not as a leader, but as a reflection of us all."

* "You're just left with yourself all the time, whatever you do anyway. You've got to get down to your own God in your own temple. It's all down to you, mate."

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:07:30 -0400)

A collection of John Lennon's thoughts and quotes on his music, fame, love, and life.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,597,000 books! | Top bar: Always visible