AVP Alien vs. Predator: Thrill of the Hunt…

AVP Alien vs. Predator: Thrill of the Hunt (based on film "AVP")

by Mike Kennedy

Series: Predator

202515,329 (2.5)None

Only okay
8:42 pm 21 November 2016
Alien vs. Predator: Thrill of the Hunt (Aliens Vs. Predator) - Mike Kennedy, Roger Robinson, Dustin Weaver, James Pascoe
Humanity lost all its technology, then regained it - minus knowledge of aliens or predators. When a group of businessmen and underlings and government liaisons land on a planet they wish to colonize, this gap in their knowledge turns out to be far more important than they could have realized.

The problem is that predators and aliens killing meatbags - while satisfying to read about - doesn't make a storyline, even with the hunter becomes the hunted storyline going on. All the trappings - the socio-political arguments, etc - never seemed fleshed out enough to make a solid plotline. There was that, there was a love story, and neither felt like it was enough to really make me care about the characters, so I didn't care if or when they died.

The ending was creepy, and one of the better open ended finales I've read in a while. Even that wasn't enough to save me not really caring about what happened to the characters next. If I had, it would have been far more effective.

Not bad, just not really engaging enough for me to want to read more. That being said, it hit the media tie-in for my general comic bingo card. And I got it in a Humble Bundle and it was less than a hundred pages, so I was going to try it at some point. Now seemed as good a time as any.
Graphic Novel media tie-in IDW Humble Bundle read in 2016 ( )
  All_Hail_Grimlock | Dec 9, 2016 |
This graphic novel is a sequel to the film, set long after our alien friends tangled on Earth. In this tale, foolish humans repeat the mistakes of the past. Written by Mike Kennedy, pencils by Roger Robinson with Dustin Weaver, and inks by James Pascoe with Randy Emberlin. The small size of the book doesn’t do the artwork justice.

Published in trade paperback by Dark Horse Comics. ( )
  mmtz | May 26, 2012 |

Mike Kennedyprimary authorall editionscalculated
Robinson, Rogersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

In the farthest reaches of space, a creature terrified us. Acid blood. Armored skin. Razor-sharp teeth. No mercy. In the depths of a rain forest, another creature hunted us. Perfect camouflage. Fearsome weapons. Brutal methods. No conscience. In 2004, these monsters clashed on Earth in the greatest battle the universe has ever known. But far in the future, long after a technological catastrophe that started a second Dark Age, all memory of these two species has been forgotten. And when Mankind again reaches for the stars, we will discover that, truly, those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. Once again, Man is caught in the middle of a deadly struggle.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,367,698 books! | Top bar: Always visible