Trump : The Art of the Deal by Donald J.…

Trump : The Art of the Deal (1987)

by Donald J. Trump

Other authors: Tony Schwartz (Author)

7871816,810 (3.45)1 / 34
Recently added bytldegray, SoutheastMBLibrary, ScoLgo, Beetiefan, loamslice, streiber, private library, mattjan

English (17)  French (1)  All languages (18)
I read this a couple of decades ago. Was not impressed at the time by the massive ego on display. Trump has not done anything in the intervening years to change my opinion. If anything, I think less of him now since witnessing his behavior as POTUS. ( )
  ScoLgo | Sep 19, 2018 |
History of Financial Advice Collection
  LibraryofMistakes | Mar 6, 2018 |
Not surprisingly Trump reveals his feelings and his thinking and then tells the reader about the actions he took on his way to the top. Almost 30 years later he likes to share his thoughts as well as his emotions. What's wrong with that when character and honesty seem to be at his core, diplomacy, not so much. Gotta love this guy! ( )
  earthwind | Nov 7, 2017 |
The Art of the Deal is an unguarded look at the mind of a brilliant entrepreneur—the ultimate read for anyone interested in the man behind the spotlight. ( )
  Ruxuan_Zhang | Mar 30, 2017 |
In The Art of the Deal, Donald Trump ( former businessman and current president) describes his secrets of success. He wakes up every morning with a "big picture" attitude; that is, taking on several projects at once. He also knows that he might lose some small battles but win the big one. ( )
  06nwingert | Mar 16, 2017 |

Donald J. Trumpprimary authorall editionscalculated
Schwartz, TonyAuthorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0345479173, Mass Market Paperback)

From the Impresario of NBC’s hit show The Apprentice

TRUMP ON TRUMP: “I like thinking big. I always have. To me it’s very simple: if you’re going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big.”

And here’s how he does it: the art of the deal.

Beginning with a week in Trump’s high-stakes life, Trump: The Art of the Deal gives us Trump in action. We see just how he operates day to day—how he runs his business and how he runs his life—as he chats with friends and family, clashes with enemies, efficiently buys up Atlantic City’s top casinos, changes the face of the New York City skyline . . . and plans the tallest building in the world.

TRUMP ON TRUMP: “I play it very loose. I don’t carry a briefcase. I try not to schedule too many meetings. I leave my door open. . . . I prefer to come to work each day and just see what develops.”

Even a maverick plays by rules, and here Trump formulates his own eleven guidelines for success. He isolates the common elements in his greatest deals; he shatters myths (“You don’t necessarily need the best location. What you need is the best deal”); he names names, spells out the zeros, and fully reveals the deal-maker’s art: from the abandoned property that became the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center to the seedy hotel that became the Grand Hyatt; from the race to rebuild Central Park’s Wollman Skating Rink to the byzantine saga of the property that became Trump Tower. And throughout, Trump talks—really talks—about how he does it.

TRUMP ON TRUMP: “I always go into a deal anticipating the worst. If you plan for the worst—if you can live with the worst—the good will always take care of itself.”

Donald Trump is blunt, brash, surprisingly old-fashioned in spots—and always, always an original. Trump: The Art of the Deal is an unguarded look at the mind of a brilliant entrepreneur and an unprecedented education in the art of the deal. It’s the most streetwise business book there is—and a sizzling read for anyone interested in money and success.

From the Hardcover edition.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:13:57 -0400)

An overview of a week in the entrepreneur's life and opinions on everything from football to New York mayors accompany stories of Trump's best real estate deals and a discussion of the deal maker's art.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,942,742 books! | Top bar: Always visible