Trump : The Art of the Deal by Donald J.…

Trump : The Art of the Deal

by Donald J. Trump

Other authors: Tony Schwartz (Author)

Recently added byFEML, private library, craigmg, SusanUpham, Frank7890, Cashstacker

Decided to read this after Trump's recent prominence in the news.

Holy smokes, what a trainwreck. The man rambles on about his day with celebrities. His negotiating advice is apparently no more than to subdue others with the power of your enormous ego.

Abandoned. ( )
  HadriantheBlind | Mar 30, 2013 |
I first read this book in 1987 and it's as good today as it was when I first read it. The insights and the trials and tribulations that Trump had to overcome is completely inspiring to anybody who wants to go into business for themselves. Much has been made about Mr. Trump but I can tell you from first hand experience from meeting him that he is a genuinely down to earth man who's easy to talk to and fun to hang out with. ( )
  RonShore | Oct 28, 2011 |
Trump is simply the best -- this book is a classic. ( )
  LindaMorris | Mar 29, 2011 |
This book seems to be an answer to Jerome Tuccille book Trump. Most of the facts dealt with in this book have been dealt with in Tuccille's book. We get the Donald's view of these deals and the fact to Trump the deal is the main thing. Trump only gives us minimal information about his brother Fred and other family details. These are glossed over quickly and with minimal attention. This book gives insight on Trump's thinking, his hatred for governmental studies and his opinion of Mayor Ed Koch. ( )
  foof2you | Aug 11, 2009 |
Interesting ...... written before his Bankruptcy ( )
  rlmaly | Jul 13, 2008 |

Donald J. Trumpprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Schwartz, TonyAuthorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0345479173, Mass Market Paperback)

From the Impresario of NBC’s hit show The Apprentice

TRUMP ON TRUMP: “I like thinking big. I always have. To me it’s very simple: if you’re going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big.”

And here’s how he does it: the art of the deal.

Beginning with a week in Trump’s high-stakes life, Trump: The Art of the Deal gives us Trump in action. We see just how he operates day to day—how he runs his business and how he runs his life—as he chats with friends and family, clashes with enemies, efficiently buys up Atlantic City’s top casinos, changes the face of the New York City skyline . . . and plans the tallest building in the world.

TRUMP ON TRUMP: “I play it very loose. I don’t carry a briefcase. I try not to schedule too many meetings. I leave my door open. . . . I prefer to come to work each day and just see what develops.”

Even a maverick plays by rules, and here Trump formulates his own eleven guidelines for success. He isolates the common elements in his greatest deals; he shatters myths (“You don’t necessarily need the best location. What you need is the best deal”); he names names, spells out the zeros, and fully reveals the deal-maker’s art: from the abandoned property that became the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center to the seedy hotel that became the Grand Hyatt; from the race to rebuild Central Park’s Wollman Skating Rink to the byzantine saga of the property that became Trump Tower. And throughout, Trump talks—really talks—about how he does it.

TRUMP ON TRUMP: “I always go into a deal anticipating the worst. If you plan for the worst—if you can live with the worst—the good will always take care of itself.”

Donald Trump is blunt, brash, surprisingly old-fashioned in spots—and always, always an original. Trump: The Art of the Deal is an unguarded look at the mind of a brilliant entrepreneur and an unprecedented education in the art of the deal. It’s the most streetwise business book there is—and a sizzling read for anyone interested in money and success.

From the Hardcover edition.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:37:29 -0400)

Popular autobiography.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,735,526 books! | Top bar: Always visible