Miss Potter: The Novel by Richard Maltby Jr.

Miss Potter: The Novel

by Richard Maltby Jr.

1194101,247 (3.56)1

English (3)  Finnish (1)  All (4)
This was a book that I had the opportunity to read while visiting my sister in the spring after the birth of her fourth child. It is the novelization of the fairly recent movie Miss Potter and it is quite enchanting. I quite enjoying going into the mind of Beatrix Potter and getting to know her and bits of her life a little bit better. There were some fully depressing points in life that I did not expect, but they are not entirely surprising and I was able to be sad with her and expectant with her at all the right times. I do recommend this read. ( )
  cherryblossommj | Dec 14, 2009 |
  cherryblossommj | Dec 14, 2009 |
Gentle story; redolent of English countryside ( )
  barbara26 | Jan 5, 2009 |

Most famously known as the author of The Tale of Peter Rabbit, Beatrix Potter lived a most remarkable life. Expanding on the plotline of the film, based on her life, this novelization tells the moving tale of a woman's journey to discover success, independence, and, most unexpected of all love.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:08:29 -0400)

A fictional account of how a Victorian woman goes against the odds to become a children's book author and experiences, for the first time, success, independence and, most unexpected of all, love.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,016,010 books! | Top bar: Always visible