Ella Sets The Stage by Carmela D'amico

Ella Sets The Stage

by Carmela D'amico

Ella, an elephant, explores various talents so she can perform in the school talent play. Along the way, Ella learns about hard work and perseverance. The book was a good story to help motivate students who quit or don’t continue to try after they have failed. The story is very relatable that way, but it is written with the intended audience in mind, which is a young emerging reader. The book would be good for either a read aloud or an individual read for a student for students to learn about talents that everybody possesses.
  dennehycm32 | Apr 10, 2017 |
I think this is a great book for teaching children the importance of so many different roles. Not one is more important than the other, everyone has an important part. The illustrations in this book nice as well; I loved the Indian village they lived in and the bulidings. I also like the simple drawings used for the characters.
  NancyDW | Jan 23, 2014 |
Ella's school is having a talent show, but what will she do? Throughout the book Ella struggles to find her talent while all along she is becomes the backbone of the talent show. Grades K - 3 ( )
  ydraughon | Jun 12, 2012 |
Ella is nervous about the upcoming talent show at her school because she doesn't think she has a talent. She ends up helping coordinate the show and helping others who experience problems before and during the show. I enjoyed this book because Ella reminds me of myself as a child and still as an adult. I think many students could relate to Ella because many have a difficult time identifying a clear talent they have. ( )
  destinymbruner | May 31, 2012 |
Summary:
A young elephant named Ella tries to figure out what to do in her school's talent show. After trying out a few talent ideas at home, she starts to feel like she doesn't have any talent. Next, she decides to help with the talent show committee while she tries to figure out her own talent. She prepares everything for the talent show while her friends practice their acts. In the end Ella realized that her talent is helping others.

Personal Reaction:
I really like this book because I was a shy child like Ella. It sends a great message to kids that it is important to help others. Also, it stresses the fact that everyone has talents that are valuable and appreciated.

Classroom Extension Ideas:
1. I could have a small talent show in my classroom and have the students work together to put it on. Some children could help with the organization of the show and the others could perform.

2. The art work n the book appears to be done with crayons and colored pencils. I could have the students recreate their favorite scene from the book with these art tools. ( )
  KatieKirk | Sep 10, 2011 |

The spotlight's on Ella as the world's cutest elephant prepares for a school talent show -- and wonders if she has anything special to offer at all.

The school on Elephant Island is holding a talent show, and all the children are excited -- all the children, that is, except for Ella. Belinda's going to do ballet, Tiki's planned a magic act, but Ella doesn't have a single idea. She can't sing, dance, or play an instrument -- doesn't Ella have any talent at all?

Then comes the night of the big show, and Ella discovers her own special talent that shines very bright -- even when she's not in the limelight. Carmela and Steve D'Amico put friendship center stage in this third charming elephant adventure.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:32 -0400)

Believing that she has no special abilities to share in the school talent show, Ella the elephant takes over the event's organization and discovers something important in the process.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,142,437 books! | Top bar: Always visible