Gregor And The Curse Of The Warmbloods…

Gregor And The Curse Of The Warmbloods (Underland Chronicles, Book 3) (edition 2006)

by Suzanne Collins

Member:dflashjones
Title:Gregor And The Curse Of The Warmbloods (Underland Chronicles, Book 3)
Authors:Suzanne Collins
Info:Scholastic Paperbacks (2006), Paperback, 368 pages
Rating:***1/2

Gregor and the Curse of the Warmbloods by Suzanne Collins

It was a good book, the adventure in Suzzane Collins books are great. I really enjoyed reading the book it was a quick read. ( )
  LaBla | Feb 6, 2016 |
In the third book in the Gregor the Underlander series, Gregor finds himself once again returning to the Underland to fulfill his role in a prophecy. This time there is a plague that threatens to wipe out all warmblooded creatures in the Underland. In order to save those he loves, Gregor must join together with rats, bats, cockroaches, and Regalians on a dangerous mission to find the cure. My eight year-old son really loves this series. It has humor, adventure and giant cockroaches. What could be better than that. I am impressed at how Collins tackles real world ethical issues involving war and conflict. Many of the situations that the Underland people find themselves in are echoes of conflicts throughout history and current events. There are the ethics of biological warfare, withholding humanitarian aid, when to fight and when to try to achieve peace. In this book alone I found myself discussing Israel and the Middle East and the way Native Americans were treated by European settlers and the American government with my son. The series offers us many teachable moments and offers views of both sides of tough issues involved with war. ( )
  Cora-R | Jan 17, 2016 |
  Cora-R | Jan 13, 2016 |
Gregor is again called down to the Underland to participate in another quest. This time his mother insists on accompanying him to make clear her feelings on the Underlanders demands of her son and family. Unfortunately this time the quest invovles a plague and Greogor's mother falls a victim to it, so he once again finds himself on a quest where his family is at stake.

I was super excited about getting to meet a Hisser and to catch a glimpse of the Nibblers in this book. The jungle that Gregor and his fellow travelers go through is amazing, it's almost it's own character particulalry since it is so hazardous.

***Spoiler***
Getting to meet more of Luxa's family was definitely interesting although I felt it was unnecessary for one of the characters to get killed off, particularly since I would have like to have seen that character return to Regailia. Also I was happy to see the return of Luxa. (yay)
***Spoiler Ends***

Again I find this book darker then the last. I feel like there were things I found funny in the first one and now there aren't any longer any glimpses of humor. That being said I do still enjoy the books and I can't wait to find out what happens next.

Rosa.Mill | Nov 21, 2015 |

***Spoiler***
***Spoiler Ends***

Rosa.Mill | Nov 21, 2015 |

Suzanne Collinsprimary authorall editionscalculated
To, VivienneCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Charlie and Isabel
Gregor stared in the bathroom mirror for a minute, steeling himself.

In the third installment of The Underland Chronicles, Gregor must stop a plague from spreading through the Underland.

Book Two left off with Gregor reading the Prophecy of Blood: a prophecy that calls for Gregor and Boots to return to the Underland to help ward off a plague. But this time, Gregor's mother refuses to let Gregor return to the Underland ...until the rat Ripred assures the family that Gregor and Boots are needed only for a short meeting, which the crawlers will attend only if their "princess" Boots is present. Gregor's mom finally relents, but on the condition that she go with them so they aren't out of her sight. The Underland plague is spreading, and when one of Gregor's family (cont'd)

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:19:25 -0400)

Eleven-year-old Gregor and his younger sister, Boots, return to the Underworld beneath New York City to find the cure for a terrible plague that threatens the life of their mother, as well as the lives of the people, bats, and rats who populate the underworld.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,623,325 books! | Top bar: Always visible