dismiss

The Ruins of Gorlan (2004)

by John Flanagan

Series: Ranger's Apprentice : publication order (1), Ranger's Apprentice (1)

4,4871701,756 (4.12)1 / 148
When fifteen-year-old Will is rejected by battleschool, he becomes the reluctant apprentice to the mysterious Ranger Halt, and winds up protecting the kingdom from danger.

English (162)  Dutch (3)  Danish (1)  Aragonese Spanish (1)  All languages (167)
  lcslibrarian | Aug 9, 2020 |
I couldnt put this book down. Its such a compelling story and ended in an amazing way. The characters are so interesting and multidimensional,I hope the rest of the series holds up when i get to them ( )
  rimtusaw243 | Jul 31, 2020 |
This was a fun read. I'd like to read more of the series if I can make the time. ( )
  Rachael_SJSU | Jul 11, 2020 |
Really enjoyed the first book in this series. Classic D&D style story. ( )
  Rachael_SJSU | Jul 11, 2020 |
I definitely enjoyed his book. Wills character was a different sort from other young male protagonists. I liked the story and will be reading the sequels, but as the story came to a head, the climax was a bit lackluster in my opinion. ( )
  carmsoc | Jul 3, 2020 |

Flanagan, Johnprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Corneille, LaurentTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Hermoso Oliveras, Julio IgnacioTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Michael
MORGARATH, LORD OF THE MOUNTAINS OF RAIN AND Night, former Baron of Gorlan in the Kingdom of Araluen, looked out over his bleak, rainswept domain and, for perhaps the thousandth time, cursed.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 149,074,363 books! | Top bar: Always visible