Flyte by Angie Sage

Flyte (2006)

by Angie Sage

Other authors: Mark Zug (Illustrator)

Series: Septimus Heap (2)

Septimus Heap Series, #2

Flyte is the second book in the Septimus Heat series by Angie Sage. My son and I listened to the first one, Magyk,  last week and really enjoyed it so we were looking forward to continuing the series with Flyte. That is until I put the CD in and it was a totally different narrator! : (  He isn't anywhere near as good as the first unfortunately. I checked the rest of the series to see if the other narrator reappears but I didn't see him so I don't think we're going to continue this series, not in audio anyway. Maybe one day we'll read the actual books.
  EmpressReece | Aug 22, 2016 |
I love it. I love the series, I love the characters, and I love the story line. What more can I say? This isn't my favorite Septimus Heap (once you've read it once, the middle part drags a little because you already know everything), but it's not the worst. I just finished reading it to my younger siblings, who all loved it. I'm very impressed with the measure of absorption they had, trying to guess what would happen and begging me to read it to them all the time. We'll definitely continue reading the series together. ( )
  Jaina_Rose | Mar 1, 2016 |
I like this series, I really do!

Seventh Son of a Seventh Son, Septimus Heap, is back with his family and now the Apprentice to Extra Ordinary Wizard Marsha (who is being "shadowed"). Queenling Jenna is being pursued by Simon, Septimus's older brother (turned bad from jealousy) who has the gift of Flyte, the Dragon Boat awakens and moves into the Castle, Septimus's green rock turned out to be a Dragon egg and has hatched....

A well written, attention holding, wonderful fantastical adventure! ( )
  Auntie-Nanuuq | Jan 18, 2016 |
Flyte is second in the Septimus Heap series, and possibly better than the first. I enjoyed seeing Septimus gain confidence in his role as Apprentice and Jenna in her role as Queen-to-be. Some new villains are introduced and add a little spice to the story. A fun series so far. ( )
  nittnut | May 25, 2015 |
I enjoyed this much more than the first one, but for its size the book lacks depth hence only 3 stars. Yet again I would recommend this for 10 year old child's bedtime story, plenty of things for a young imagination to play with. ( )
  MathewBridle | May 4, 2015 |

Angie Sageprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Zug, MarkIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
For Laurie, supplier of magogs. This one's for you, with love.
It is night on the Marram Marshes; a full moon shines down on the black waters and illuminates the nighttime Things who are going about their business.

It's been a year since septimus heap discovered his real family and true calling to be a wizard. As Apprentice to Extra Ordinary Wizard Marcia Overstrand, he is learning the fine arts of Conjurations, Charms, and other Magyk, while Jenna is adapting to life as the Princess and enjoying the freedom of the Castle.

But there is something sinister at work. Marcia is constantly trailed by a menacing Darke Shadow, and Septimus's brother Simon seems bent on a revenge no one understands. Why is the Darke Magyk still lingering?

Bringing fantasy to new heights, Angie Sage continues the journey of Septimus Heap with her trademark humor and all of the clever details readers have come to love.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:19:46 -0400)

When Princess Jenna is pursued by a dark wizard, it is the apprentice, Septimus Heap, who must save her while enduring such terrors as a night in the Forest with hungry wolverines and carnivorous trees.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,271,826 books! | Top bar: Always visible