Flyte by Angie Sage

Flyte (2006)

by Angie Sage

Other authors: Mark Zug (Illustrator)

Series: Septimus Heap (2)

As the second book of the series it seems like it is a much easier read than the first. I enjoyed the fact that though she is the princess Jenna is not placed into the stereotypical role of princess that you see in many stories. I also enjoy how the characters are slowly being built up and growing through the book. ( )
  DJLunchlady91404 | May 16, 2018 |
This is the second novel in the Septimus Heap series written for children. The recorded version is very well done. It is narrated by Jim Doyle and his voice is perfect for children. Even though the plot and characterization seems very simplified to a sophisticated adult listener the narration alone makes for great listening.

In this installment, Septimus has to deal with a disgruntled older brother who had grown up with the idea that as the eldest he was the one who would be the important wizard in the family. When his talents clearly lie in a different area, he becomes disgruntled and vengeful, and acts on his feelings. There is also a side story about distracted parents and adults and a reader does have to ask why these adults aren't paying closer attention to the children in their lives, but their distraction provides a convenient, if unimaginative, plot for the novel. This is another great car ride listen for both adults and children. ( )
  benitastrnad | Oct 18, 2017 |
I have not yet read this book.
  LynneQuan | Sep 17, 2017 |
I really liked it because it got into detail about all of the characters and not just the main characters. Fantasy is so cool. ( )
  Brinlie.Jill.Searle | Nov 22, 2016 |
Septimus Heap Series, #2

Flyte is the second book in the Septimus Heat series by Angie Sage. My son and I listened to the first one, Magyk,  last week and really enjoyed it so we were looking forward to continuing the series with Flyte. That is until I put the CD in and it was a totally different narrator! : (  He isn't anywhere near as good as the first unfortunately. I checked the rest of the series to see if the other narrator reappears but I didn't see him so I don't think we're going to continue this series, not in audio anyway. Maybe one day we'll read the actual books.
  EmpressReece | Aug 22, 2016 |

Angie Sageprimary authorall editionscalculated
Zug, MarkIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
For Laurie, supplier of magogs. This one's for you, with love.
It is night on the Marram Marshes; a full moon shines down on the black waters and illuminates the nighttime Things who are going about their business.

It's been a year since septimus heap discovered his real family and true calling to be a wizard. As Apprentice to Extra Ordinary Wizard Marcia Overstrand, he is learning the fine arts of Conjurations, Charms, and other Magyk, while Jenna is adapting to life as the Princess and enjoying the freedom of the Castle.

But there is something sinister at work. Marcia is constantly trailed by a menacing Darke Shadow, and Septimus's brother Simon seems bent on a revenge no one understands. Why is the Darke Magyk still lingering?

Bringing fantasy to new heights, Angie Sage continues the journey of Septimus Heap with her trademark humor and all of the clever details readers have come to love.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:19:46 -0400)

When Princess Jenna is pursued by a dark wizard, it is the apprentice, Septimus Heap, who must save her while enduring such terrors as a night in the Forest with hungry wolverines and carnivorous trees.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,834,548 books! | Top bar: Always visible