Inside the Titanic by Hugh Brewster

Inside the Titanic

by Hugh Brewster, Ken Marschall (Illustrator)

In this lavishly illustrated book, the gripping story of the R.M.S. "Titanic" is told in a spectacularly visual way that makes readers feel as if they are actually "inside" the giant doomed liner. A compelling text featuring the stories of real-life children who sailed on the "Titanic" accompanies the detailed cutaway illustrations of the ship. Full color. ( )
  Tutter | Feb 21, 2015 |
I LOVE THIS BOOK SOOOO MUCH ( )
  ksr611 | Jan 15, 2010 |
This children's book about the Titanic features superb illustrations by Ken Marschall, who specializes in drawings recreating the great ship. The story follows three real families that sailed on the Titanic, two staying in third class and one in first class. While not everyone in these families survives the disaster, the story understandably doesn't dwell on the tragedy -- this is, after all, a book for kids. The narrative is lackluster, but the illustrations more than make up for it. Even though it's written for young people, I'd recommend to adults for the drawings, which are more than worth the price. ( )
1 vote ElizabethChapman | Dec 13, 2009 |
Summary: Text and cut-away illustratations feature the stories of real-llife children who sailed aboard the Titanic on the night of its disaster in the North Atlantic.
  hgcslibrary | Nov 29, 2009 |
This book tells us about the famous ship, The Titanic. We see cut aways of the many floors, decks, and people on the ship. We hear about several real people who surived and some that did not.

This book was quite informative. I liked it very much. I have always enjoyed any information on the Titanic.

What a great book to introduce the Titanic to younger students. This book could wet the interest of students in the history of the Titanic. This would also be good to show students pictures of the ship, to see the vastness of it. ( )
  lauraklandoll | Mar 24, 2009 |

Hugh Brewsterprimary authorall editionscalculated
Marschall, KenIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed

Text and cut-away illustrations feature the stories of real-life children who sailed aboard the Titanic on the night of its disaster in the North Atlantic.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,755,835 books! | Top bar: Always visible