Fashion Forward: 1960s Fashion Coloring Book…

Fashion Forward: 1960s Fashion Coloring Book for Adults (edition 2016)

by LightBurst Media (Author)

Member:RobinCoxon
Title:Fashion Forward: 1960s Fashion Coloring Book for Adults
Authors:LightBurst Media (Author)
Info:LightBurst Media (2016), 68 pages

Fashion Forward: 1960s Fashion Coloring Book for Adults by LightBurst Media

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This adult coloring book was a nice inclusion to my ever expanding library of such books. I started to get into these kinds of books through wanting a daily Mindfulness act of which I could practice my skills at mindfulness and yet have the image I was coloring keep my interest.

This coloring book sated the needs, for myself, in both ways. I was able to concentrate on the coloring, and yet I'm clothing (especially vintage fashions) addict, a Costume Designer and a Seamstress/Tailor. I enjoyed having the format be in EBook as even with the coloring books I purchase hard copies of, I still can't color inside the ACTUAL BOOKS! Lol, and must copy the page(s) I plan on coloring. Otherwise it seems too much like I'm drawing inside a book! So being able to simply print out the pages I planned on coloring was concurrently convenient and eco-friendly.

The single issue I had with the book was with the formatting. On the borders of the actual images, the pages seemed to be missing an outline or some kind of way to determine the end of the image. It was as if the images were cropped along the outer edging incorrectly. As lines would just terminate. Cutting off, what felt to me, perfectly viable pieces of the picture to be colored, without a border to delineate this. I don't know if this was simply one of those things which happens due to the conversion to an Ebook format, or if the coloring book was meant to NOT have any borders around the images, and therefore the cutting off of the lines simply seems odd, because my brain sees a line just terminate and summons a border to the sudden stops in lines for them to make sense. Otherwise, enjoyable for what I use these books for. ( )
  xenacick | Feb 14, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I wasn't overly inspired by this book, but as I has originally picked it up because of my interest in fashion and sewing in general (not this era in particular), I suppose I wasn't exactly the target audience. I prefer more intricate patterns to color, as well. ( )
  willowsmom | Jan 4, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I did receive this as an early reviewer but after having seen (and colored) the pages I would have purchased it. As someone who grew up in this time period it was a blast to the past of my own childhood, I remember seeing many of these fashions on my older sister and her friends. I noticed that one reviewer said they were 'busy' that was true of the time period. Wild, colorful and bold were what was 'in'. ( )
  turtle7761 | Oct 5, 2016 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I received this coloring book through a giveaway on Librarything.com. It is what the title says: a coloring book. The pictures are well drawn, and someone who lived through the 1960's, or is interested in that decade, would enjoy coloring these pages.
  milliebeverly | Aug 29, 2016 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Thought that my teens would like this, but turns out they didn't. They stated the patterns were too busy, and not interesting. ( )
  1Randal | Aug 5, 2016 |
I really like this coloring book. The illustrations were very detailed, but simple enough to color without too much trouble. Would recommend!
added by alaphi | editalaphi (Mar 31, 2016)

Fashion Forward: a 1960s Fashion Coloring Book for Adults features 27 original fashion illustrations for you to color and enjoy. Images are printed single sided so that you can easily cut them out. Relive the fashions of 1960s including hair, accessories and outfits. Pick a page that jumps out to you and let the fun begin!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 03 Mar 2016 07:24:12 -0500)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

LightBurst Media's book Fashion Forward: 1960s Fashion Coloring Book for Adults was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

LightBurst Media's book Fashion Forward: 1960s Fashion Coloring Book for Adults was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

LightBurst Media is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,692,989 books! | Top bar: Always visible