Strategic Management by John A. Pearce

by John A. Pearce

vegetarian | Apr 27, 2013 |
  vegetarian | Apr 27, 2013 |
  vegetarian | Apr 26, 2013 |
This was the textbook in my final (10th) course in my Master of ?Science in Management program, "Strategic Planning and Management" at Emmanuel. An outstanding textbook, but IMHO it require 2-3 readings because there's so much there - unless the reading is very slow, deliberate, and unhurried. ( )
  vegetarian | Apr 26, 2013 |
Good for students without a lot of business experience. The authors do not go into long cases, do not thoroughly include or go into depth regarding competition or responsive competitive behavior. It does provide an executive level model for the strategic planning process. For "cohesion", the book applies each chapter to a multi-industry firm, Holiday Inns, Inc.

Emphasis is not only on the company-level development of a Mission, but on institutional implementation.

Seven "common objectives" [235]: Profitability, Productivity, Competitive positioning, Employee Development, Worker Relations, Technological Leadership, and Public Responsibility.

Criteria for Goals: Acceptable, Flexible, Measurable in Time, Motivating, Suitable, Understandable, Achievable.

12 Grand Strategies (options): Concentration, Market Development, Innovation, Horizontal and Vertical Integration, Joint Ventures, Concentric and Conglomerative Diversification, Retrenchment (Turnaround), Divestiture, Liquidation. ( )
  keylawk | May 25, 2011 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,451,914 books! | Top bar: Always visible