A Morning Like This by Deborah Bedford

A Morning Like This

by Deborah Bedford

I really loved this book. The story kept me interested and I found myself rooting for all the characters. ( )
  CorTim2 | Apr 4, 2017 |
This book deals with a parent's love for a child. It also deals with marriage and how an affair can strain the bonds of trust. Also how a child can be affected by what happens between his or her parents. ( )
  JenniferRobb | Jan 17, 2016 |
I received this book from Faithwords via Twitter. It is a reprint of an earlier Deborah Bedford book so this isn't new. But let me tell you - it is a wonderful book.

This book is a look into what everyone believes is the perfect marriage and family even those participating, even David whose indiscretion in the first year of marriage is known to him but not to Abby. Then his life is shattered when he learns of his daughter. A daughter he never knew and the fact that she is sick and needs the bone marrow transplant.

Reading this book you get all sides. You see it from David's side and you see it from Abby's side. You get glimpses from Braden (their son), from Susan (the long-ago lover) and also from Sam (the daughter). All of them are human and their mistakes, pride and love show through. They all go through changes and I loved reading about how the changes came about.

This book is very moving. The characters very real, but it gives you hope. It gives you hope that even when trust is destroyed that it can be rebuilt especially when you have God in your life to help you with it.

I can't recommend this book enough. It's real, it's timely in this age of infidelity and divorce and it's compelling. I picked this up and did not stop reading it until I reached the end. It drew me into their lives and kept me there wanting to know more. I will also be searching out this author's backlist. ( )
  reading_crystal | Jun 22, 2009 |
Certainly a beautiful story and beautifully written. I didn't particularly enjoy it, however. I read fiction to relax and it is not relaxing to wade through a family's emotional traumas and spiritual dilemmas. After a while I just want to say, "For crying out loud, get over it." ( )
  sandib | Nov 27, 2006 |

New York Times bestselling author Deborah Bedford crafts a riveting tale of two families and the secret that ties them together--a secret that may destroy them both.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:53 -0400)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,982,503 books! | Top bar: Always visible