Professional Secrets of Natural Light…

Professional Secrets of Natural Light Portrait Photography

by Douglas Allen Box

151647,891 (4)None
778 (1) 2006 (1) AWL (1) light (1) lighting (1) pb (1) photography (6) portrait (1)

Virtually every time I download pictures from my card, I experience disappointment. What in my mind will be a “masterpiece” will better serve as illustrations of mistakes to avoid.

Like many amateur photographers, one of my desires is to capture memorable images of my family and friends. Instead, I find a litany of mistakes to avoid. Over-exposed. Under-exposed. Poor f-stop selection. Poor Contrast. Unflattering light. Shadows hiding key facial features. Vibration. You name the problem; I have the “masterpiece” to illustrate it.

This book of beautiful natural light portraits was written for me. It promises to teach me to shoot impressive results every time. Douglas Allen Box is a professional photographer who specializes in photographing children, families, and weddings. He offers specific advice on equipment and lenses selection; shot composition; posing; close-ups. The range of techniques to enrich various natural light portraits makes for great reading and dreaming.

My hunch is this guide will serve any photographer -- beginner, serious amateur, semi-pro, and pro—who encounters field challenges.

Only time will tell, however, if it has the desired effect on my photographs.

Penned by the Pointed Pundit
August 23, 2006
10:18:23 AM ( )
1 vote PointedPundit | Mar 23, 2008 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 158428045X, Paperback)

Natural light portraiture is fast becoming a popular style of photography. Photographers and clients appreciate the understated, low-maintenance shoots and the spontaneous, casual quality of the photos. Featuring images shot on location, in clients’ homes, and in the studio, the author teaches how to use the unique qualities of direct sun, window light, porch light, shade, and the light at sunrise and sunset to create flattering, natural-looking portraits. Photographers will learn how to select the right setting, equipment, backdrop, and props, as well as how to control the balance of light between subject and background. Each sample portrait is accompanied by detailed technical information to help photographers achieve the same results in their own work.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:13:49 -0400)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,786,523 books! | Top bar: Always visible