The Hooker and the Hermit by L. H. Cosway

The Hooker and the Hermit

by L. H. Cosway, Penny Reid (Author)

Series: Rugby (1)

1204150,866 (3.65)None

The Hooker and the Hermit by L.H. Cosway and Penny Reid (Audio Edition)
Narrated by: Lucy Rivers and George Allen
Series: Rugby #1

4.5 Stars - This book had me laughing during the short audio sample I listened to, which was the reason I purchased it. I was not disappointed! Annie was a witty blogger who wasn’t a fan of going outside of her comfort zone. I really liked how Ronan pushed her out of her boundaries a bit. Ronan in turn was definitely more of the aggressor and barring his constant desire to “tie her up and take her from behind” I really liked his character. I felt their chemistry increase as their relationship grew and I saw growth in both Annie and Ronan, some from their own experiences and some as a result of being together. I loved that he wanted to come to Canada and “get lost in our mountains”. Loved the emails back and forth between the SocialMediaLite and Ronan. They totally had me cracking up! And lastly, I loved that I felt the passion between these two, whether they were bickering or flirting.

There was only one downfall for me… I am not a big fan of the whole bondage/dominance scene. This book wasn’t too bad with it, as there was only like 2 short scenes.. (other than the aforementioned thoughts from Ronan) and he wasn’t out to hurt her so, that was a plus... but there was one part that Ronan was getting Annie all worked up.. then he realizes he had no protection… so instead of just doing other things that do not involve actual sex.. Or even had the author just not wrote that he forgotten protection - leaving the reader to assume whatever they wanted.. Ronan tells Annie he doesn’t have any protection, notices her concern and responds with “What? Don’t you trust me?” wtf??…. Ah… NO! This is their first time together.. Why would you even ask that! I mean, come on!!! This really bugged me, and made me lose a bit of respect for Ronan.

Other than that though, the book was quite enjoyable, I loved the accents the narrators used. It just added that perfect touch. I haven’t read these authors before but I would be happy to read more from them!

Original review posted at: http://paragraphsandpetticoats.blogspot.ca/ ( )
  MyaB | Apr 25, 2018 |
The Hooker and the Hermit
Rugby, Book 1

I Picked Up This Book Because: Yet another tantalizing title that reeled me in. Plus I like Penny Reid’s writing

The Characters:

Annie Catrel:
Ronan Fitzpatrick:

The Story:

Annie and Ronan have palpable heat. I thought Ronan was a bit more than pushy with Annie in the beginning however I saw how his feeling for her grew. He and Annie both are great at showing they love each other even when they can’t say it out loud.

The Random Thoughts:

3.75 Stars ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Sep 11, 2017 |
4.5/5
The Hooker and The Hermit is a mixed bag of sweets, ladies and gents. There are your favorite candies, then the ones that are okay, and at last the ones you'd eat only when there is no other choice left.

I love Penny on her own, but I am unfamiliar with L.H. Cosway so for me this book started unevenly.

Annie was a sweetheart, an intensely likable and very relatable character which was an easily recognisable trademark of Penny - an adorable, geeky klutz with a sharp mind and eccentric behaviour.

On the other hand, I had problems accepting Ronan at the beginning. He was too pushy, too aggressive, too rough, blunt and growly, and while Annie seemed to like that, it took me awhile to warm up to him and see that he was all bark without a bite, just a big, soft teddy bear.

Annie as The Socialmedialite rocked my socks with her delicious posts, Ronan's tweets were also scattered here and there like little gems.

Secondary characters shone brightly as well - Joan, Tom, @WriteALoveSong, Lucy, Ronan's mother and even Brona started caricaturish but then this or that situation suddenly brought them to light and made them relatable. They were grey, not just black or white.

I also had a feeling that the book hit its stride once Annie and Ronan got to Dublin. The writing just flowed much easier from that point onwards. I applauded to how Annie and Joan dealt with Ronan's "dark secret" but the condom issue made me lower my rating as it's one of my pet peeves.

I accept throwing caution to the wind in the heat of the moment, but there has to be a follow up, a discussion of possible repercussions, a check up with your doctor, something! And it wasn't addressed.

Otherwise it's a lovely read. Very much recommended. ( )
  kara-karina | Nov 20, 2015 |
  Inessova | Mar 28, 2015 |

Cosway, L. H.Authorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Reid, PennyAuthormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Allen, GeorgeNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

In this lighthearted contemporary romance novel, Annie, the anonymous creator of a popular celebrity blog, falls for Ronan, a rugby star who has been depicted as a wild and reckless bad boy by the media.

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,656,804 books! | Top bar: Always visible