Hide by Lisa Gardner

Hide

by Lisa Gardner

Series: D.D. Warren (2)

Kiss The Girls by James Patterson (Shuffy2)
    Shuffy2: Both have creepy abductions...

English (67)  Dutch (2)  French (1)  Danish (1)  All (71)
Keeps you guessing. ( )
  sraelling | Feb 19, 2017 |
Hide
4 Stars

Alternates between first and third person perspectives, which I usually dislike but actually found compelling in this book.
Annabelle is a sympathetic character and her story is engrossing. All of the plot lines are tied up very well at the end. ( )
  Lauren2013 | Nov 19, 2016 |
After enjoying DD Warren #1, this one...not so much. It rambles and is difficult to listen. The book flops back and forth between first person and third person with resulting confusion. Tell me again, who's our hero? ( )
  buffalogr | Oct 8, 2016 |
This new-to-me series had me hooked from Chapter 1. The storyline was full of twists and turns without being hard to follow or outrageous. Every plot twist made perfect sense once explained. This action-driven book kept me hooked until the ending. The reveal was not at all what I expected, but once again, it made perfect sense once explained. I loved every minute! ( )
  jguidry | May 31, 2016 |
Growing up, Annabelle Granger knew she and her parents led a strange life. From the time she was seven they never lived anywhere for more than a couple of years before mysteriously moving to a new state with new names. She never knew why and now, twenty-five years later, her parents are both dead and she is back to living in Boston where she last felt stability. She lives a reclusive life, still anonymous and known by the name Tanya, and still feeling the fears of her childhood. Only the startling news that Annabelle Granger is dead, part of a gruesome crime scene involving six children buried in an underground chamber on the grounds of the now-closed state mental hospital, causes Annabelle come forward. Annabelle tells Detectives Bobby Dodge and D.D. Warren her strange story. Not many facts of her past can be substantiated due to the frequent change of names and address. The investigation of the serial murders unearths more than one suspect.

The author builds suspense by raising a number of questions that are not answered until the very end. She did a great job of writing fully dimensional characters and writes a very readable suspense/thriller novel. I thought the book was great up until the last few pages where the ending felt a little rushed but that didn't spoil my overall enjoyment of this book. I'll definitely pick up the next book of the series.
  Olivermagnus | Jan 17, 2016 |

Gardner, Lisaprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Mısırlıoğlu, Cumhurçevirmensecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Reed, Maggie-MegReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Ruiter-Bouwhuis, SarinaVertalersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Walther, UrsulaÜbersetzersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Hide (2012IMDb)
My father explained it to me the first time when I was seven years old:

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0553588087, Mass Market Paperback)

You have good reason to be afraid. . . .

It was a case that haunts Bobby Dodge to this day—the case that nearly killed him and changed his life forever. Now, in an underground chamber on the grounds of an abandoned Massachusetts mental hospital, the gruesome discovery of six mummified corpses resurrects his worst nightmare: the return of a killer he thought dead and buried. There’s no place to run. . . . Bobby’ s only lead is wrapped around a dead woman’s neck. Annabelle Granger has been in hiding for as long as she can remember. Her childhood was a blur of new cities and assumed identities. But what—or who—her family was running from, she never knew. Now a body is unearthed from a grave, wearing a necklace bearing Annabelle’s name, and the danger is too close to escape. This time, she’s not going to run. You know he will find you. . . .

The new threat could be the dead psychopath’s copycat, his protégé—or something far more terrifying. Dodge knows the only way to find him is to solve the mystery of Annabelle Granger, and to do that he must team up with his former lover, partner, and friend D. D. Warren from the Boston P.D. But the trail leads back to a woman from Bobby’s past who may be every bit as dangerous as the new killer—a beautiful survivor-turned-avenger with an eerie link to Annabelle. From its tense opening pages to its shocking climax, Hide is a thriller that delves into our deepest, darkest fears. Where there is no one to trust. Where there is no place left to hide.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:31 -0400)

"The new threat could be the dead psychopath's copycat, his protege - or something far more terrifying. Dodge knows the only way to find him is to solve the mystery of Annabelle Granger, and to do that he must team up with his former lover, partner, and friend D. D. Warren from the Boston P.D. But the trail leads back to a woman from Bobby's past who may be every bit as dangerous as the new killer - a beautiful survivor-turned-avenger with an eerie link to Annabelle."--BOOK JACKET. "It was a case that haunts Bobby Dodge to this day - the case that nearly killed him and changed his life forever. Now, in an underground chamber on the grounds of an abandoned Massachusetts mental hospital, the gruesome discovery of six mummified corpses resurrects his worst nightmare: the return of a killer he thought dead and buried." "Bobby's only lead is wrapped around a dead woman's neck. Annabelle Granger has been in hiding for as long as she can remember. Her childhood was a blur of new cities and assumed identities. But what - or who - her family was running from, she never knew. Now a body is unearthed from a grave, wearing a necklace bearing Annabelle's name, and the danger is too close to escape. This time, she's not going to run."… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,988,274 books! | Top bar: Always visible