All by Myself by Mercer Mayer

All by Myself

by Mercer Mayer

1,066197,857 (3.79)None

English (18)  Spanish (1)  All languages (19)
One of the best Little Critter books. Mayer certainly knows children. I shared most of this series with all three of my sons and we all giggled and empathized. ( )
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Apr 14, 2015 |
the book shows the little critter doing things all my himself, yet still making mistakes. although he does make mistake he still tries. he puts fourth his best effort and does what he can
  Nicole129672 | Dec 15, 2014 |
All the things the little monster can almost do by himself... except read himself a bed time story. ( )
  pussreboots | Nov 23, 2014 |
I liked this book because of the writing. I think the writing was simplistic and would be perfect for an early reader. Each page includes just one sentence of text. For example, “I can button my overalls,” and “I can brush my fur.” This book would be ideal for a beginning reader as well as many other Mercer Mayer books. I do not think there was a strong central message of the book. I think the point of the book was to show ownership and that the character can do many things on his own without any help. It shows students (who are mainly at transition ages) that they do not need help with everything and there are many things they can do on their own. Overall, I thought it was a good book and I really did enjoy the simplicity of the text. ( )
  awalls4 | Apr 10, 2014 |
WHO didn't love, love, love Little Critter!? I was obsessed with these, but I really remember this one. He tries to be a "big boy" and do things for himself, and because he's little, he messes it all up. Classic kid's book. Loved it. Read it 300 times, i'm sure. ( )
  k8seren | Feb 6, 2014 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0307119386, Paperback)

In this simple, sweet, and very human picture book, Mercer Mayer's popular Little Critter shows us all the things he can do by himself, from tying his shoes (almost) to pouring his own juice (and only spilling a little). The wry illustrations often point up the fact that Little Critter doesn't do everything perfectly, but he makes an effort to do the best he can.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:09:47 -0400)

All the many things a young child can do independently are demonstrated, (tying shoes, riding bike, kicking ball), but there is one thing one cannot do alone.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,874,469 books! | Top bar: Always visible