Horrors and Dreams: A Short Novel by Grant…

Horrors and Dreams: A Short Novel

by Grant Palmquist

741,138,814 (3.33)None

Overall a good read, though it takes a while to get going. The writing was solid but the pacing could have been better. Enjoyable read and I will have to check out what other things the author has written.

I received this eBook in a LibraryThing giveaway ( )
  Caitlin.Dionne | May 7, 2017 |
This dude Ray is a lonely, single father with paranormal girlfriends. His son pushes him to date but Ray is unlucky with women. His son thinks he's loco (best part of the book) until he has his own experience with his father's ghosts.

This author is a good writer and I usually enjoy his books and will read more of his writing, but this story was so-so. ( )
  Kkatz123 | Apr 20, 2017 |
Good suspense story about a man dealing with loneliness and loss. Even as a short novel it takes a little while to get going but it is worth a read. ( )
  Crus458 | Apr 12, 2017 |
First I want to remind everyone that this is just my personal opinion and that you are free to disagree with me.

I personally did not really like this story. I did not seem frightening, nor was the story very clear on some things. I was a little bit confused at what exactly was happening in several parts. This book just was not for me.

However, I would like to say that the idea of learning to be happy in the life you have is a powerful thing. I just wish it were a little more frightening and less depressed-father sort of a story. ( )
  lilbooks22 | Oct 18, 2016 |
A well developed short horror story that teaches us to watch out what we wish for. Ray is a well developed character that we can root for. A very quick enjoyable read that I highly recommend for adult readers. The author knows how to write a good horror story. ( )
  jimphillips8 | Mar 28, 2016 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Grant Palmquist's book Horrors and Dreams: A Short Novel was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Grant Palmquist is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 114,464,077 books! | Top bar: Always visible