Monkeys Are Made Of Chocolate: Exotic And…

Monkeys Are Made Of Chocolate: Exotic And Unseen Costa Rica

by Jack Ewing

excellent description of a special ecosystem in Costa Rica , easy to read and makes the reader know why Costa Rica is special ( )
  pattiphelps | Aug 26, 2016 |
Having traveled to Costa Rica last year, I was looking for a book that would describe the natural history I had seen, or could have seen while I was there. Ewing does describe animals and their habits in the short essays that make up this book. More than that he spins simplistic ecological platitudes. While I am not at all hostile to his message, this presentation is at the level of 10 second sound bites. I was disappointed. ( )
1 vote baobab | Nov 6, 2011 |
This is a terrific compilation of essays from an author who lives in Costa Rica and makes his living by understanding the nature of this Central American country. The essays range from environmentalism to animals, evolution, and conservation.

I purchased this book in advance of a family trip to Guanacaste in northwest Costa Rica. I consider this book a must-have for advance research, planning and understanding of the natural-side of this extremely eco-friendly and eco-aware country. "Monkeys" will provide insight into the country's natural history and you'll feel more prepared and aware of what the country has offer.

The short essays(ranging from 3-6 pages each) are a quick read - perfect for the pool, beach or plane. ( )
  JGolomb | Aug 10, 2010 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,297,238 books! | Top bar: Always visible