Flush by Carl Hiaasen

by Carl Hiaasen

Recently added byLauryn1025, private library, ErikaCancioBello, davidgn, highview-luth, HondurasTrish

English (83)  French (1)  All languages (84)
This realistic fiction was about a boy named Noah who's father is passionate about the environment. Noah's father attempts to sink a cruise ship, the Coral Queen, for dumping human waste into the ocean. Noah's father is caught and put into jail. Noah and his sister and a couple other sidekicks decide that this isn't acceptable and that his father deserves justice and that the Coral Queen should be stopped. While avoiding his bully form school Noah devises a plan to catch them red handed dumping the waste. Eventually they are caught and Noah's dad is let out of prison. ( )
  sommerkirk | Apr 19, 2015 |
While I enjoyed Flush, it wasn't quite as catching for me as was Hiaasen's previous work, Hoot. ( )
  kdjones9 | Apr 12, 2015 |
Such a wonderful book, teaches young adults to love and respect nature while following a loving family. ( )
  amandafite | Mar 6, 2014 |
good one! nice to have kids introduced to this fun author with a message. ( )
  njcur | Feb 13, 2014 |
Funny, feel-good book for tweens. Paced nicely, kept me turning pages. I would have liked this book very much if I'd read it at 10 or 12. I'll definitely be giving a copy to my nieces and nephews. ( )
  psychedelicmicrobus | Aug 11, 2013 |
The deputy told me to empty my pockets: two quarters, a penny, a stick of bubble gum, and a roll of grip tape for my skateboard. It was pitiful. "Go on inside. He's waiting for you," the deputy said.

Bestselling novelist Carl Hiaasen is back with another hysterical mystery adventure for young readers, set in the Florida Keys.

You know it's going to be a rough summer when you spend Father's Day visiting your dad in the local lockup.

Noah's dad is sure that the owner of the Coral Queen casino boat is flushing raw sewage into the harbor–which has made taking a dip at the local beach like swimming in a toilet. He can't prove it though, and so he decides that sinking the boat will make an effective statement. Right. The boat is pumped out and back in business within days and Noah's dad is stuck in the clink.

Now Noah is determined to succeed where his dad failed. He will prove that the Coral Queen is dumping illegally . . . somehow. His allies may not add up to much–his sister Abbey, an unreformed childhood biter; Lice Peeking, a greedy sot with poor hygiene; Shelly, a bartender and a woman scorned; and a mysterious pirate–but Noah's got a plan to flush this crook out into the open. A plan that should sink the crooked little casino, once and for all.

From the Hardcover edition.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:32 -0400)

With their father jailed for sinking a river boat, Noah Underwood and his younger sister, Abbey, must gather evidence that the owner of this floating casino is emptying his bilge tanks into the protected waters around their Florida Keys home.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,760,576 books! | Top bar: Always visible