Flush by Carl Hiaasen

Flush

by Carl Hiaasen

2,219None2,903 (3.73)92
adventure (36) audiobook (14) boats (11) Carl Hiaasen (17) chapter book (13) children (13) children's (34) children's fiction (11) environment (92) environmentalism (18) family (30) fathers (13) fiction (149) Florida (102) funny (16) humor (60) juvenile (12) juvenile fiction (14) mystery (66) nature (14) novel (12) pollution (49) read (11) realistic fiction (68) teen (17) to-read (16) U-W (13) YA (38) young adult (52) youth (11)

Such a wonderful book, teaches young adults to love and respect nature while following a loving family. ( )
  amandafite | Mar 6, 2014 |
good one! nice to have kids introduced to this fun author with a message. ( )
  njcur | Feb 13, 2014 |
Funny, feel-good book for tweens. Paced nicely, kept me turning pages. I would have liked this book very much if I'd read it at 10 or 12. I'll definitely be giving a copy to my nieces and nephews. ( )
  psychedelicmicrobus | Aug 11, 2013 |
fun... kids bust crooked guy who's illegally polluting the water from his gambling boat ( )
  DavidO1103 | Jun 14, 2013 |
I didn't actually realize this was YA before I started reading it, which had me pretty confused about the ages of the kids early on. Overall, I enjoyed the story but not as much as I've enjoyed his adult fiction. ( )
  Snukes | Jun 14, 2013 |

Bestselling novelist Carl Hiaasen is back with another hysterical mystery adventure for young readers, set in the Florida Keys.

You know it's going to be a rough summer when you spend Father's Day visiting your dad in the local lockup.

Noah's dad is sure that the owner of the Coral Queen casino boat is flushing raw sewage into the harbor–which has made taking a dip at the local beach like swimming in a toilet. He can't prove it though, and so he decides that sinking the boat will make an effective statement. Right. The boat is pumped out and back in business within days and Noah's dad is stuck in the clink.

Now Noah is determined to succeed where his dad failed. He will prove that the Coral Queen is dumping illegally . . . somehow. His allies may not add up to much–his sister Abbey, an unreformed childhood biter; Lice Peeking, a greedy sot with poor hygiene; Shelly, a bartender and a woman scorned; and a mysterious pirate–but Noah's got a plan to flush this crook out into the open. A plan that should sink the crooked little casino, once and for all.

From the Hardcover edition.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:38:50 -0400)

With their father jailed for sinking a river boat, Noah Underwood and his younger sister, Abbey, must gather evidence that the owner of this floating casino is emptying his bilge tanks into the protected waters around their Florida Keys home.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,506,689 books! | Top bar: Always visible