Adoring Outlander: Essays on Fandom, Genre…

Adoring Outlander: Essays on Fandom, Genre and the Female Audience

by Valerie Estelle Frankel

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Not at all what I was expecting. For me it read like a text book and didn't hold my interest at all. ( )
  busyreadin | Jul 26, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This is a great collection. It is perfect for the die-hard Outlander fan. Since I love anything Outlander, I was excited to win this through EarlyReviewers. It didn't disappoint. ( )
  grnpickle | Jan 9, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This is a detailed thought provoking look at Outlander, the book, the series, the author, and the fans. It is very detailed oriented but well worth the time and effort for any and all fans. ( )
  bettysunflower | Nov 8, 2016 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I enjoyed reading the more in depth account of the Outlander fandoms , along with information about Diana Gabaldon and the TV Series. It was referenced very well, when taking quotes or articles in the book. It was fun reading one of my friend's names in print for articles that she does for Outlander. I especially liked the parts about Lord John Grey. ( )
  Taburb | Sep 27, 2016 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
A thoroughly well-researched collection of essays and anthologies. This book is definitely a scholastic view of the Outlander series (both books and television series) and truly provides an incite into the character portrayal, effects of theme and style, and greater cultural effects the hit series has had on the public. That being said, this is not light reading; this book has substance.
Frankel's research into the style and subject of Gabaldon's story is not only thorough, but brings the reader's attention to facets of the Claire and Jamie's tale that one might have not even thought about (from the scoping out of authentic Scottish castle venues to film to the written portrayal of desire between characters). This book really opened my eyes to the complex world Gabaldon has brought to life and I recommend this book for anyone looking for a real in-depth and well put-together look at the Outlander series. ( )
  sammeth | Sep 10, 2016 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Valerie Estelle Frankel's book Adoring Outlander was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

Valerie Estelle Frankel is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,403,385 books! | Top bar: Always visible