We Are Witnesses: Five Diaries Of Teenagers…

We Are Witnesses: Five Diaries Of Teenagers Who Died In The Holocaust (1995)

by Jacob Boas

Other authors: Moshe Flinker (Character), Anne Frank (Character), Eva Heyman (Character), David Rubinowicz (Character), Yitzhak Rudashevski (Character)

This book consists of five diaries of teenagers who were killed in the Holocaust: David Rubinowicz, Yitzhak Rudashevski, Moshe Flinker, Eva Heyman and Anne Frank. It is so very interesting to read how each of the teens viewed what was happening around them and to them. The five diaries are compared in the final chapter and that is really quite compelling. These children all started keeping diaries in the early or mid-teens until they were brought to an extermination camp and killed. It is also very intriguing to know what these teens were thinking about, what kept them going, how their thought process worked during this difficult time. I have read Anne Frank's diary, but this book compares her situation and her entries to the other teens and that sheds some different perspectives on it. These teens seem much older than their years and of course their final entries are very sad indeed as we know what those final entries mean. ( )
  bnbookgirl | Jan 13, 2014 |
Decent book, im reading it in school for information on the Holocaust and its perdy good. By the way Go to youtube and look up RayWilliamJohnsen HE IS BEAST!! =3 you will love him.
When i first saw him i was sitting in class pertending to be working... it was so funny that i was crying, my tummy hurt and i was on the floor... I got in so much troble ;) have fun!!! ( )
  Gabrielisbeast | Mar 1, 2011 |
An examination of the Holocaust through the eys of 5 teenagers who kept diaries before their deaths at the hands of the Nazis. Anne Frank is, of course, one of these, but her experiences are compared and contrasted with the other 4 teens who saw different sides of the Death Machine that was Hitler's Germany. This is the first time I have seen Anne put into context with others of her generation. I found the whole book to be riveting. ( )
3 vote MerryMary | Sep 23, 2008 |

Rudashevski, YitzhakCharactersecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
McKissak, Patricia C.Forewordsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Erica, Naomi, Simon, and Patricia
LJCRS Book Fair Selection 5756
Foreword: I remember reading The Diary of Anne Frank one cold winter day when school had been cancelled because of snow.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 059084475X, Mass Market Paperback)

Jewish teenagers David, Yitzhak, Moshe, Eva, and Anne all kept diaries and were all killed in Hitler's death camps. These are their stories, in their own words. Author Jacob Boas is a Holocaust survivor who was born in the same camp to which Anne Frank was sent. Includes a photo insert.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:08:30 -0400)

The journals of five teenagers who perished in the Holocaust.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 131,573,031 books! | Top bar: Always visible