The Night Stalker: A chilling serial killer…

The Night Stalker: A chilling serial killer thriller: Volume 2 (Detective… (edition 2016)

by Robert Bryndza (Author)

519229,653 (4.08)21
Member:Carol420
Title:The Night Stalker: A chilling serial killer thriller: Volume 2 (Detective Erika Foster)
Authors:Robert Bryndza (Author)
Info:Bookouture (2016), 382 pages
Collections:Your library, Read

The Night Stalker (Detective Erika Foster) (Volume 2) by Robert Bryndza

The Night Stalker by Robert Bryndza
Erica Foster series Book #2
4 ★'s

If the Night Stalker is watching, you’re already dead… In the dead of a swelteringly hot summer’s night, Detective Erika Foster is called to a murder scene. The victim, a doctor, is found suffocated in bed. His wrists are bound and his eyes bulging through a clear plastic bag tied tight over his head. A few days later, another victim is found dead, in exactly the same circumstances. As Erika and her team start digging deeper, they discover a calculated serial killer – stalking their victims before choosing the right moment to strike. The victims are all single men, with very private lives. Why are their pasts shrouded in secrecy? And what links them to the killer? As a heat wave descends upon London, Erika will do everything to stop the Night Stalker before the body count rises, even if it means risking her job. But the victims might not be the only ones being watched… Erika’s own life could be on the line.

This is a series with characters that for the most part, show a great deal of promise of blossoming into one of the top detective series...IF...the author will consider toning down Erika Foster's disrespect for authority and heading out to carry out her own agenda in blatant defiance of protocol. She's not the only character that needs to be sat on...her supervisors...Oakley in particular...shows such hatred for Erika that it's starting to make the plots unbelievable.

In spite of the character attitude I have to say the book had a lot going for it in the "Must Read" department. It is indeed a real page turner that I didn't want to put down. Erika Foster's character and back story was intriguing enough that I wanted to find out more about her. The serial killer is intriguing as well...but I won't say too much about that. I believe one factor of a good author is the ability to make the reader experience a range of feelings. I diffidently found myself feeling very angry at the way Erika was treated by her bosses and some other police officers and pity at the life of the character known as "Duke". Overall, Mr. Bryndz I enjoyed your book and look forward to the next one. Just please, please make Erika a bit more likable. ( )
  Carol420 | Oct 2, 2017 |
Book Description:

My Review:
I enjoyed this book but I have a few complaints. I think Bryndza made the killer a bit too predictable and exposed the murderer too soon. He made us have more sympathy for the murderer than for Detective Erika Foster and her behavior. I think his homosexual scenes were too graphic especially with Stephen. Bryndza has some good plot ideas but like Erika needs to mature in his writing. I look forward to reading Dark Waters next and hopefully he will start to take care of these writing problems. If not then, I will have to give him up. On the positive side, I find his plots interesting and his characters are unique. There were lots of interesting twists that kept the pages turning. I would suggest this book to those who like mystery thrillers. ( )
  EadieB | Oct 1, 2017 |
Enjoyed this one, first time read from this author this being the second book in the series. Good story line, told from both perspectives which I liked and plenty of history to the characters.Perhaps time to read the first in series. ( )
  laisyleeola | Sep 6, 2017 |
The Night Stalker is the Book 2 in Robert Bryndza’s Detective Erika Foster series.
A shadowy figure creeps upon a house in London seeking retribution against the man within. We bear witness to Dr. Gregory Munro’s killer in action. Four days later his mother enters the house and find’s her son’s dead body with a plastic bag over his head.

Detective Erika Foster is called to the murder scene, a scene that appears to be a sex crime. When another just like it follows, indications are that there is a cold-blooded serial killer on the loose and Erika and her team must figure out what these murders have in common.

Erika is a tough, uncompromising detective who will get the killer at any cost and her determined doggedness doesn’t always go over well with her boss or her peers. She is once again put on notice about not doing thing’s the department’s way. Despite rubbing people the wrong way, she will continue to lay both her job and her life on the line to catch the killer.

When we first met Erika in the first book, she was freshly grieving over the death of her husband Mark and just returning to work. Erika’s grief for Mark is still very present and she agonizes over it in more detail, all the while still blaming herself. This also enables us to get more of a glimpse into her past and how Mark’s killing went down.

Robert Bryndza is such a good writer and he is definitely making a name for himself with this series. The twists and turns don’t let up and keep you guessing to the end. He has also done some nice work on the character development here. In the end the characters are what makes or breaks a series. We learn a bit more about Crane, Moss, Peterson, Marsh, Stark, and Isaac Strong. Erika is getting to know each of them and so are we. She is beginning to foster friendship, loyalty, respect, and of course some antagonism. Each of the afore-mentioned supporting characters is sketched in further and one of them even becomes a prime suspect in the killings.

I want to thank the publisher (Bookouture) for providing me with the ARC through NetGalley for an honest review. ( )
  sherribelcher | Aug 3, 2017 |
DCI Erika Foster is called to a murder scene where the victim is found dead in bed with a plastic bag over his head. As DCI Foster and her team are looking for clues as to who could have committed the murder, another victim is found dead in bed with a plastic bag over his head. All they know at this point is that there is a calculated serial killer out there stalking the victims before going in for the kill. What could possibly link the victims to their killer? DCI Foster will do whatever it takes to find out.

Another great book in the DCI Erika Foster series! It's well-written. It's descriptive, it's vivid, it's a page-turner. It has strong characters, great pacing. I can't say enough good things. ( )
  jenn88 | Apr 25, 2017 |

Robert Bryndza is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 118,495,451 books! | Top bar: Always visible