If Mom Had Three Arms by Karen Kaufman…

If Mom Had Three Arms (2006)

by Karen Kaufman Orloff

This counting picture book has several hidden meanings throughout the entire plot. When a child is told by his mother that he has to hold his own things, he begins to wonder what it would be like for his mom to have more than one arm. This books rhyming scheme allows the reader to emphasize the importance of counting. I would read this book a group of Kindergarteners and maybe pre-k children because they are learning to count at those ages. I would also read this book to that age group because they will be able to tell you what they would want their mother to do if she had more than three arms.
  mbabst | Apr 19, 2015 |
To my mom and dad, Elayne and Phil Kaufman, for having enough arms to life me way up. - K.K.O.

To Jenny, who does more nice things for me than any 20-arm person I know. - P.W.
I asked my mom to carry my backpack, but she said, "I only have two arms!"

Every day, all aroung the world, busy moms with a million things to do tell their kids, "I only have two arms!" And their kids sigh. But one little boy has a great idea. What if his mom had more than two arms...A child's imagination is sparked by a simple comment from his mother in this humorous counting book that will delight busy parents and their kids. (1-4027-2356-3)

Imagine what might happen if your mother had more than two arms and could shake hands with an octopus or flip numerous pancakes at the same time.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,313,743 books! | Top bar: Always visible