Peef: The Christmas Bear by Tom Hegg

Peef: The Christmas Bear

by Tom Hegg

Series: Peef (01)

Summary:
PEEF is a bear that Santa made in his workshop for out of many different colors of fabric and he came to life once Santa put the finishing touches on him. Each Christmas PEEF wanted to go to go a little boy or little girls home to be cuddled with and played with each day. PEEF knew he had to say by Santa's side because he was Santa's special helper. One Christmas Eve Santa was short one toy; PEEF by his side he told him he would have to go. PEEF was happy yet sad. He was excited to meet his new friend that would play and cuddle with him.

Personal Reaction
This book is such a cute book. It teaches of commitment and friendship. I really enjoyed this book. My aunt who recently passed away was a Kindergarten teacher and she had the PEEF bear that goes along with the different books.

Classroom Ideas
1. I would either use this book in a Christmas Section or a Bear Section and bring my little friend PEEF to class to use him along with the book. Who ever is very quiet gets to hold my "friend" PEEF.
2. I would have my class bring their favorite bear from home and the bears would get "lost" and we could go on a bear hunt for our bears.
  hannaharper | Feb 24, 2011 |
I cried, seriously. Just an awesome story. ( )
  Kace | Jan 30, 2010 |
Santa's scrap-work bear begs to be given away, and Santa finds just the child who needs him. ( )
  librisissimo | Nov 9, 2009 |

A Christmas teddy bear made by Santa comes to life and yearns to belong and bring happiness to one small child.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:41 -0400)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,958,197 books! | Top bar: Always visible