Tight Little Stitches in a Dead Man's Back…

Tight Little Stitches in a Dead Man's Back

by Joe R. Lansdale

Tight Little Stitches in a Dead Man’s Back by Joe R. Lansdale: This very morbid short story is told by the main character’s journal which he refers to in his writings as Mr. Journal. The journal writer and his wife are alone trying to survive in a lighthouse in a post-apocalyptic world after a nuclear holocaust. His wife hates him because she blames him for the death of their daughter. Lansdale describes their painful existence in his usual detailed and ruthless manner. This story won a Bram Stoker award and I highly recommend it. ( )
  clark.hallman | Jul 25, 2015 |
Browsing Amazon and looking for availability on a couple of Lansdale’s missing Hap and Leonard books, I happened upon a few Lansdale freebies, of which this was one. Not sure if this should really count towards my year end books read total, as it could be a short story or a novella, but has been released on its own as a chapbook in the past. Anyway I’m claiming it.

I think Lansdale, the “Champion Mo-jo Storyteller” (self-proclaimed?), won the Bram Stoker award for this tale of survival in a post-apocalyptical world.

Descriptive, bleak, disturbing but ultimately unsatisfying..... It’s hard to feel a connection to the characters which makes you actually interested in how it all ends.

That’s a problem I have with most short stories I read
3 FROM 5 ( )
  col2910 | Apr 17, 2014 |
One of my all-time favorites! Not to be missed. ( )
  Evans-Light | Sep 30, 2013 |

That’s a problem I have with most short stories I read

3 FROM 5

http://col2910.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/joe-r-lansdale-tight-little-stitches-in.ht... ( )
  col2910 | Aug 15, 2013 |
Il dopobomba è terrificante. E tua figlia è rimasta fuori dal rifugio e tua moglie ti incolpa e anneghi nel rimorso.
L'unico modo per farti toccare ancora dalla madre di tua figlia è permetterle di farti un tatuaggio sulla schiena. Doloroso.
E fin qui sarebbe fantascienza, poi l'horror fa capolino e assume una delle forme più delicate in natura. ( )
  Saretta.L | Mar 31, 2013 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,542,291 books! | Top bar: Always visible