Daredevil: The Man Without Fear (1993-1994)…

Daredevil: The Man Without Fear (1993-1994) #1 (of 5)

by Frank Miller

Ah, Frank Miller.

So we meet again. How I've missed your gritty writing, your characters that are almost camp and, at times, have totally unclear motivations. Miller's writing has this strange tenor, like he doesn't have to explain anything, he doesn't owe you anything.

I've never liked the way he wrote women, not even when I was a little girl. He's problematic as all hell as an author but look at the content he's inspired. (Okay, forgetting the movie with Ben Affleck completely...) the Netflix series is /awesome/ and some of the most well-produced television I've seen in a while.

So, Frank Miller and I will always have a very complicated relationship that causes me to role my eyes and swear under my breath, but I appreciate what he's done for the resurgence of comics and his dedication to the craft.

The comic itself? Right now, it's almost too early to say! The art style is that particular new-noir, gritty style of the late 90's, and Miller just loves to leap over massive plot holes with elastic comic book logic.

... but you know what? It's not bad at all. I'm a late Daredevil fan, but I can't wait to get stuck into more of his story, Miller or no. c: ( )
  lydia1879 | Aug 31, 2016 |

The origin of Daredevil is retold by legends Frank Miller and John Romita Jr.! What led Matt Murdock on the path to becoming the Man Without Fear?

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,605,399 books! | Top bar: Always visible