Check out the Pride Celebration Treasure Hunt!

Totally Wonderful Miss Plumberry by Michael…

Totally Wonderful Miss Plumberry

by Michael Rosen

I liked the plot because the girl is happy and wants approval from her classmates. Everyone loves the object she brought to school and then gets distracted. “It wasn’t a totally wonderful day. It was totally horrible day”. I also liked the plot because the teacher makes the whole day better for that student. She is an inspiration to readers. The other aspect I liked was the art because it focuses the reading in one place. Either on a character or an action that is happening. For example, Molly was isolated in the art and then all the students came back to Molly when the teacher made her day wonderful. The other reason I liked the art was because the color scheme was color colors. This gave a hint to the reader that there would be a happy ending. The main message of this book is that one person can change a bad day to a good day. ( )
  KoraRea | Oct 28, 2016 |
This book is about a little girl wanting to share her special gift with her classmates. She is hurt by the fact that her classmates are not as interested in the item as she is. The teacher does a wonderful job bringing the class around to share in the experience molly wishes to bring. Good book about respect & sharing. ( )
  RoniDavis | Feb 17, 2014 |
The story of a school teacher and how she changed a totally horrible day into a totally wonderful day for one of her students. I would use this book to teach sequencing. I would recommend it for young elementary students who are emerging readers. ( )
  sdpugh | Apr 17, 2013 |
I think this is a little too long for its intended audience. Even *I* thought it dragged on. It's a familiar feeling, though, and I had some real empathy for the main character. ( )
  adge73 | Dec 27, 2006 |

A small moment makes a big difference to a little girl — thanks to a totally wonderful teacher who knows just what to do.

Molly can't wait to share her grandma's crystal with all her classmates, the special crystal she looks at each night as she falls asleep. Everyone crowds around, eager to see it — until Russell runs by with his flashy, water-spurting dinosaur. Now Molly's eyes are filling with tears, and her heart is going thumpity-thump, and it's the most totally horrible day in the whole world. Is there anything Miss Plumberry can do to make things wonderful again?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:11:34 -0400)

Molly's day turns from totally wonderful to totally horrible when her classmates are not interested in the special crystal she has brought to school, until Miss Plumberry steps in to help.

Candlewick Press

An edition of this book was published by Candlewick Press.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,480,412 books! | Top bar: Always visible