Planet Idiot: A Survival Guide

1None3,689,591None1
Recently added bypshaw

No tags.

No reviews

Full of the exuberant wit and trenchant insight of the humorist who, according to NEWSWEEK, "writes intelligently about issues that are close to our hearts, without ever making us feel as though we've heard it all before," Planet Idiot is a rollicking survey of stupidity in the most unexpected corners of everyday life.

From Idiot waiters who smother your sandwich with Dijon mustard when you've specifically requested the cheap stuff, bank tellers who demand to see your I.D. when you're depositing cash, and children who ask Loud Embarrassing Questions in public, Stokes advises us how to cope with life on Planet Idiot.

Totalitarian homeowners' associations, slack-jawed Starbucks employees, the uncanny differences between men and women ("Women communicate; men go through the mail"), the beauty of long-term relationships ("You pretty much get to stop shaving all the time"), and people who flash their headlights at you when you're driving too slowly. Lindsey Stokes takes us on a guided tour of Planet Idiot--and shows us how to survive.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:58 -0400)

Average: No ratings.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,718,697 books! | Top bar: Always visible