The One Year Bible NIV by Tyndale

The One Year Bible NIV

by Tyndale

The entire bible arranged in 365 daily readings, a 'thought for thought' translation.
  RubislawLibrary | Dec 8, 2013 |
The entire Bible is arranged in 365 daily readings, a thought for thought translation
  Rubislaw | Aug 13, 2013 |
How do you review a bible? "Yes, this version of God's Word is better than Blank's version of God's Word."? :-)

Yes, versions do matter, I suppose, and the NIV version is a great version for readability. The text flows well and it is coherent and easily understood. I'm not sure I'd likely use it for studying scripture, but for daily reading it is a good translation.

This one is broken up into daily readings, letting you read the bible in one year. It doesn't include the Apocryphal books, but only the books generally found in the Protestant version of the bible. It is designed nicely to include readings from different parts of the bible on a daily basis without burdoning the reader with lots of extraneous text or discussion to confuse them. This is scripture laid bare, and given in a daily dose. Nice.

This version has a bonded leather cover, gilt edges and a place-mark ribbon. It feels good in one's hand. It is also large print, for those of us with aging vision apparatus. We get to the point where we can't hold the book far enough away to read it!

Overall, I like the way this book is constructed and thought out, and will make it a part of my daily prayer and study. It's nicely done. ( )
  idj | Oct 28, 2010 |
Would be better if divided up into 365 readings rather than 730. ( )
  Icebat | Feb 12, 2007 |

The best-selling One Year Bible, which helps customers read the entire Bible in as little as 15 minutes a day, has been updated in a new look and comes in both portable compact size and full size. The One Year Bible divides God's Word into daily readings from the Old Testament, New Testament, Psalms, and Proverbs, creating an achievable, unforgettable devotional experience.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:26 -0400)

The One Year Biblemakes reading through the Bible achievable with daily 15-minute readings from the Old Testament, New Testament, Psalms, and Proverbs.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,935,364 books! | Top bar: Always visible