Don't Tempt Me: A Novel by Lori Foster

Don't Tempt Me: A Novel (edition 2016)

by Lori Foster (Author)

Member:JFDausman
Title:Don't Tempt Me: A Novel
Authors:Lori Foster (Author)
Info:HQN (2016), Edition: Original, 336 pages
Collections:Francis Burns Books

Don't Tempt Me by Lori Foster

This book left me with such a warm fuzzy feeling! The Guthrie brother's are one of a kind… friendly caring, honest, funny, protective. They've got it all. Jason was very accepting of Honor right from the start. At times she felt a little naive to me, but at the same time she had her life focused elsewhere for so long. Which. for me explained it. Honor had a lot of personal stuff to work through.

The fact that Jason knows and accepts that he loves Honor early on in the story and is waiting and hoping for her to feel it back for him, is a nice change from reading the reverse. Usually I find this scenario happens most with the woman waiting and hoping.

And OMG! All that flirty tension was killing me!!!! Loved it! Lori Foster always writes fantastic chemistry! The secondary story with Lexie and Sullivan was a great added bonus! Hogan cracked me up often, but I have to say though..Colt.. He's my favourite character. I really hope he gets himself a good story! Can't wait for the next book.

*I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review*

This book is due for release: July 26th, 2016

Original review posted at: http://paragraphsandpetticoats.blogspot.ca/ ( )
  MyaB | Apr 25, 2018 |
Fun read, a little sexy, a little dirty. ( )
  jnechiporenio | Jun 14, 2017 |
I enjoyed this book, it was a sweet read. I want my personal Jason, he was hot! Honor however needed to get over some of her insecurities a little quicker. It was understandable after you read how her horrible family treated her, but still with Jason around, shoot you will find away. Loved Colt, such a sweet kid, and he was a big part of the story, I honest hope Lori writes a book on him, he deserves one. Honor friend was a good one to her, and Sullivan was hot too, I would not have minded moving in to that neighborhood either. ( )
  Pelusa41 | Dec 18, 2016 |
Sweet, clean and serene. ( )
  CindySnS | Oct 26, 2016 |
Honor Brown has had a life filled with such disappointment; Her mother died, Her father abandoned he as a child, her aunts rejected her; but thankfully he left her with her Grandfather and finally she received love. But as Honor grew she closed herself off from people, and built this shield around herself, that even her best friend Lexie couldn't break.

But now Honor is branching out and has bought her own fixer upper and she is thrilled. But Honor got more than she expected when she moved to Clearbrook, and it comes in the form of Jason Guthrie and his brother Hogan and nephew Colt. Not to mention her other neighbors Sullivan and Sheriff Nathan.

Jason Guthrie life was complicated enough! With his brother turning in to a man who re and his nephew struggling to find his way, now he has this sexy new neighbor, who makes it obvious that she doesn't need his help…but clearly she does! Especially when her mailbox is blown up and house broken into…Jason just has to figure out how to get threw those walls!!

Lori Fosters books have always grabbed my attention and Don't Tempt Me is no exception. The authors writing is always inspired and gripping, but Honor and Jason's story has such a hold on me, that I'm praying that it's a LONG series!

There are so many characters in this book that you will fall in love with, that you will have a hard time choosing your favorite. To begin with Honor; she has seen such little love in her life, that she struggles to make friends and accept help! That when she does, you are just left in tears. Then there is Lexie; whom everyone first thinks is a flirt and party girl, but Lexie is so much more, if you just look below the surface. Hunky Jason is not ready for love, but when he finds it, he grabs it with both hands. Sullivan is a bad boy with a heart, that is surprised by Lexie's every turn and can't get enough of her. Colt is struggling to find he feet in a new town…I could honestly go on and on! But I love them all…even Aunt Celeste.

I give Don't Tempt Me 5 stars!
  Cara_Ross | Aug 16, 2016 |

Love comes along when it's least wanted

Jason Guthrie has no time for entanglements—between helping out his widowed brother and teenage nephew and getting his hometown back on its feet, his days are spoken for. But his nights are another story… And when his lovely new neighbor, Honor Brown, reluctantly accepts his help in remodeling her house, Jason finds himself wishing his handyman skills could knock down the defenses she keeps building around herself.

Martial arts teacher Sullivan Dean knows real danger when he sees it—even when it takes the form of the gorgeous blonde helping her friend move in across the street. After putting his wayward past behind him to focus on teaching control to troubled kids, Sullivan has learned to avoid party girls like Lexie Perkins. But Sullivan can't seem to keep his hands off the real woman behind that flirty charm—or keep his heart from landing at her feet…

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 02 May 2016 20:38:55 -0400)

"Jason Guthrie has no time for entanglements--between helping out his widowed brother and teenage nephew and getting his hometown back on its feet, his days are spoken for. But his nights are another story. And when his lovely new neighbor, Honor Brown, reluctantly accepts his help in remodeling her house, Jason finds himself wishing his handyman skills could knock down the defenses she keeps building around herself. [Meanwhile], martial arts teacher Sullivan Dean knows real danger when he sees it--even when it takes the form of the gorgeous blonde helping her friend move in across the street"--Page 4 of cover.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 129,521,451 books! | Top bar: Always visible