Don't Tempt Me: A Novel by Lori Foster

Don't Tempt Me: A Novel (edition 2016)

by Lori Foster (Author)

Member:JFDausman
Title:Don't Tempt Me: A Novel
Authors:Lori Foster (Author)
Info:HQN (2016), Edition: Original, 336 pages

Don't Tempt Me by Lori Foster

Lori Foster knows how to create that magic. The sense of forgetting where you are and being transferred to another place is something that I always feel when I pick up one of her stories. I received an ARC of Don't Tempt Me by Lori Foster in exchange for an honest review. This sensual novel gives a peek at two sides of the spectrum. We have Jason who has reliability written all over him. The way he looks after his family and community are a bonus in his favor but the way he looked after Honor who was wary and insecure of herself gave me heart palpitations. He was a keeper. Fast forward to Sullivan. He was somewhat of a tougher nut to crack but his hard edge did not hide his true self from the people that mattered most. Inside the pages of Don't Tempt Me there is love, hope and charm wrapped up in sensual package. ( )
  Lashea677 | Feb 16, 2019 |
Lori Foster knows how to create that magic. The sense of forgetting where you are and being transferred in another place is something that I always feel when I pick up one of her stories. I received an ARC of Don't Tempt Me by Lori Foster in exchange for an honest review. This sensual novel gives a peek at two sides of the spectrum. We have Jason who has reliability written all over him. The way he looks after his family and community are a bonus in his favor but the way he looked after Honor who was wary and insecure of herself gave me heart palpitations. He was a keeper. Fast forward to Sullivan. He was somewhat of a tougher nut to crack but his hard edge did not hide his true self from the people that mattered most. Inside the pages of Don't Tempt Me there is love, hope and charm wrapped up in sensual package. ( )
  Lashea677 | Feb 16, 2019 |
2.5 stars

Ooh boy, what to say about this one? To be honest, I just want to say, lacking effort. Foster's writing is a bit like Shalvis with its easy readability and tendency to stick to a formula. It's a formula I greatly enjoy but this one, especially with the main couple, felt completely uninspired. I don't feel like I really grew to know the hero at all and both the hero and heroine came off a bit ho-hum. I got way more from the secondary couples and especially the secondary romance, in which about 30-40% of the story is given to.
As the first in the series, the series baiting characters stole the show more than once and even though I really liked the secondary couple, it seems their romance is resolved here, I really wanted them to get their own book. This felt rushed, squeezed in, and the main couple was uninspired. Looking at the second in the series, it looks like Foster continues with the two couples format. With books that are around 300pgs, I sometimes don't find that long enough to fully flush out a romance to my liking, adding a second couple makes the story feel more like two novellas smashed together.
I can see people who want more of shorter, quicker romances liking these better. The half star is for the German Sheppard doggie that comes in towards the end :) ( )
  WhiskeyintheJar | Feb 14, 2019 |
This book left me with such a warm fuzzy feeling! The Guthrie brother's are one of a kind… friendly caring, honest, funny, protective. They've got it all. Jason was very accepting of Honor right from the start. At times she felt a little naive to me, but at the same time she had her life focused elsewhere for so long. Which. for me explained it. Honor had a lot of personal stuff to work through.

The fact that Jason knows and accepts that he loves Honor early on in the story and is waiting and hoping for her to feel it back for him, is a nice change from reading the reverse. Usually I find this scenario happens most with the woman waiting and hoping.

And OMG! All that flirty tension was killing me!!!! Loved it! Lori Foster always writes fantastic chemistry! The secondary story with Lexie and Sullivan was a great added bonus! Hogan cracked me up often, but I have to say though..Colt.. He's my favourite character. I really hope he gets himself a good story! Can't wait for the next book.

*I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review*

This book is due for release: July 26th, 2016

Original review posted at: http://paragraphsandpetticoats.blogspot.ca/ ( )
  MyaB | Apr 25, 2018 |
Fun read, a little sexy, a little dirty. ( )
  jnechiporenio | Jun 14, 2017 |

Love comes along when it's least wanted

Jason Guthrie has no time for entanglements—between helping out his widowed brother and teenage nephew and getting his hometown back on its feet, his days are spoken for. But his nights are another story… And when his lovely new neighbor, Honor Brown, reluctantly accepts his help in remodeling her house, Jason finds himself wishing his handyman skills could knock down the defenses she keeps building around herself.

Martial arts teacher Sullivan Dean knows real danger when he sees it—even when it takes the form of the gorgeous blonde helping her friend move in across the street. After putting his wayward past behind him to focus on teaching control to troubled kids, Sullivan has learned to avoid party girls like Lexie Perkins. But Sullivan can't seem to keep his hands off the real woman behind that flirty charm—or keep his heart from landing at her feet…

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 02 May 2016 20:38:55 -0400)

"Jason Guthrie has no time for entanglements--between helping out his widowed brother and teenage nephew and getting his hometown back on its feet, his days are spoken for. But his nights are another story. And when his lovely new neighbor, Honor Brown, reluctantly accepts his help in remodeling her house, Jason finds himself wishing his handyman skills could knock down the defenses she keeps building around herself. [Meanwhile], martial arts teacher Sullivan Dean knows real danger when he sees it--even when it takes the form of the gorgeous blonde helping her friend move in across the street"--Page 4 of cover.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,200,005 books! | Top bar: Always visible