The Sunday List of Dreams by Kris Radish

The Sunday List of Dreams (2007)

by Kris Radish

207956,585 (3.33)11

Interesting but not what I was expecting! Upon her retirement as a nurse, Connie starts cleaning out her basement in preparation to selling her house and moving into a condo. As she attacks one daughter's stored junk, the truth about her current life jumps out - her daughter owns a thriving sex-toy store in Manhattan! From that point, Connie's life veers dramatically from the expected following of careful lists of hopes and dreams into a unexplored feminist vista of growth. ( )
  wareagle78 | Jan 26, 2014 |
Not my usual fare, but beggars can't be choosers when it comes to books in English at book exchanges. I read this on a 6ish hour journey to the south of Paraguay, entertaining enough, but nothing great.
A nurse, mother of 3 and grandmother finally gets round to ticking things of her to-do list. ( )
  soffitta1 | Sep 22, 2010 |
This was a fine, light read. I read it in the final months of writing a PhD, when I needed some entertaining, nontaxing, fun books to read.

It actually was somewhat inspirational to me, too, hokey as it was. Doing a PhD is a super-intense project and it's easy to forget why you're doing it. It just becomes torture after a while. This book helped me to lift my head up a bit higher and reignited the "dream" motivation behind my PhD.

I agree with other reviewers that the writing isn't the best. But it wasn't bad enough to make me put the book aside. ( )
  silviastraka | Jul 23, 2010 |
I didn't like the male bashing in this book. While this was a fairly light read, I found it not uplifting, not inspiring AND not very good at all. ( )
  thebooky | Jan 12, 2010 |
This book introduced me to the wonderful world of Kris Radish and I've been collecting and reading ever since. This wonderful story about the relationship between mothers and daughters is delightful and surprising. It's about discovering yourself at any age and that changes are good as well as scary. ( )
  Maggie-the-Cat | Jul 8, 2009 |
Dreams are the lively and lovely desires of the heart, soul, mind and body that should propel us through every moment of our lives. The Sunday List of Dreams is for every woman who wishes and lusts and laughs and yearns and wonders and imagines and who dares to make her own list. Don't just write it-live it.
Connie Nixon's house starts talking to her at 9:51 pm on a Wednesday.

Connie Nixon is no stranger to making lists. In fact, she has rewritten the list of her deepest desires no fewer than forty-eight times. And each Sunday, for as long as she can remember, she’s tinkered with it. But actually doing something about her desires is a different story—until the night she comes across a box belonging to her estranged daughter…and makes a stunning discovery. It turns out that her seemingly straitlaced Jessica is part owner of one of the most successful sex toy shops in America.

Shocked by her daughter’s secret life, Connie tucks her list in her back pocket and does something utterly impulsive: she hops on a plane to New York City to track down Jessica—and winds up on the wildest adventure of her life. Because with her daughter’s help, Connie’s about to let her own inner bombshell see the light of day.

Now, for the first time ever, things are flying off Connie’s list. Like reconnecting with her daughter. And getting tipsy before noon. And the most startlingly extraordinary desire of all: falling in love.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 17:58:30 -0400)

When Connie Nixon discovers, quite inadvertently, that her seemingly straitlaced but estranged daughter is part owner of the most successful sex toys shops in America, she is shocked to her foundations. She hops a plane to New York to track down her daughter and winds up on the wildest adventure of her life.--From Amazon.com… (more)

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,754,013 books! | Top bar: Always visible