Wool Gathering: A Sheep Family Reunion by…

Wool Gathering: A Sheep Family Reunion

by Lisa Wheeler

4.5 (1) 2016 (1) Accelerated Reader (1) animals (2) children's literature (1) collection (1) family (4) fiction (2) funny (1) GR (1) Gr.k-3 (1) Grades K-3 (1) humor (2) k-3 (3) kids (1) non-fiction (1) P Wheeler (1) PIC (1) picture book (5) Poe (1) poetry (7) poetry #6 (1) puns (1) read (1) recommend (1) relatives (1) rhyme (2) sheep (8) silly (1) tagtoorder (1)

Bah-humbug. Verse. Silly. No depth, no poignancy, not even any irony or joy. Sorry. 2.5 stars and only recommended if you're a Prelutsky fan. ( )
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Jun 6, 2016 |
Wool Gathering is a collection of poems about a sheep family reunion. Each poem introduces a member of the family. My favorites were Baa-dminton, Brunch, Little Bo Sheep, and Sheep Dip. I could relate to this book because I have a big family and this book captures all the different personalities. Each poem has a picture that goes along with it. The poems use rhyme and puns. Each poem is witty. The collection of poems are cheerful, whimsical, and funny. I had a smile on my face from the first line to the last. I will definitely read this book to my students in my future classroom. This was such a fun read and I loved it! ( )
  mamontgomery | Feb 22, 2016 |
Fun little book featuring different types of poetry about an interesting family of sheep. ( )
  GReader28 | Oct 28, 2015 |
Use to teach puns or in a poetry unit. ( )
  nickietravis | Jul 9, 2015 |
such a cute sheep reunion! A family is a family no matter if human, sheep, or whatever. It's interesting to see them react to gatherings like this as any family would. Weird family members are what keep reunions interesting! ( )
  aalkurd | Sep 24, 2013 |

When the sheep family
gets together,
even the odd relatives
are welcome!

Once a year they gather --
Woolverton, Little Bo Sheep,
Felice, Uncle Abe Ram,
and the rest of the fleecy flock.

It's baa-dminton here,
in this wild and woolly
close-knit fambly.

Aren't you excited
to be invited?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:10 -0400)

A collection of rhymes that tell about the wild and wooly relatives that gather for the sheep family reunion.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,077,332 books! | Top bar: Always visible