Now & Then by Harriet Grey

Now & Then

by Harriet Grey

163615,960 (3)None

Just to add to the other reviews, the book does have a couple of deleted scenes that were not featured in the movie as well as a few photos from those deleted scenes. I was a huge fan of the movie when I was 12 (when it came out, ironically the same age as the characters) and I found the extra scenes added in pretty cool.
  LaurenKazlo | Oct 12, 2013 |
This used to be my FAVORITE book when I was a kid! We had the movie, too, and I still watch the movie sometimes, but I just rediscovered the book in a library sale, and reread it, and it's just a wonderful as I remember. I do notice things now that completely flew over my head when I was younger, though, like the fact that it takes place in the 1970s (it says it at the beginning of the book, but somehow I never thought about it!). As always, the novel is a little different then the movie, but I think it's one of the most wonderful books I've ever read. It isn't just a sweet little adventure, either; It really teaches about life and conflicts and friendship, and how much friendship can mean, especially in hard times. ( )
  Heather19 | Apr 21, 2008 |
This is a novelization of the movie Now & Then. It is not the book that the movie Now & Then is based on. This is a very important distinction. There is absolutely nothing new in this book that is not in the film. It's basically a narration of the movie. Therefore, if you've seen the movie, there's no reason to read this book. Also, the movie is better. Don't bother. Don't bother at all. (On the positive side, it is extremely accurate in its description of the film. Not that it's terribly hard to do that.) ( )
  EmScape |
There may come a point in your life when something in your past will call and pull you back in time.

Four twelve-year-old girls spend their summer earning money to buy a tree house and search for clues about the mysterious death of a boy.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,423,887 books! | Top bar: Always visible