Curious Minds by Janet Evanovich

Curious Minds

by Janet Evanovich, Phoef Sutton (Author)

3349533,013 (3.52)1 / 19

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Janet Ivanovich just knows how to right characters that engage you from the start. I love that Riley was so determined to keep her eye on what her boss sent her to do and how Emerson broke her down. I loved his quirky behavior and how his mind worked. Emerson's aunt was a hoot and I will definitely look for more Moon and Knight books. ( )
  Keng | Jun 15, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I won my copy of this. Just took awhile to find time to read. Emerson Knight is looking for his gold. He wants to see it. Well, this just is not normal to go to the bank to demand to see your gold. But he is a little on the eccentic side. Sure leads him on a chase to find missing gold and evil plans are exposed. Fast past story and would recommend to others. ( )
  snoopysnop1 | Jun 5, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Started the book after reading two non-fiction works and it seemed flighty by comparison, but only at first. Soon as I reached the second chapter I was drawn in to the jaunty trek through an intriguing mystery that had imaginative characters embroiled in a plot that sailed along so smoothly it was disappointing to reach the end. My only curiosity is the choice of title that for some reason does not grasp the underlying gold-based theme. On the other hand I cannot think of a different one. ( )
  jec27 | Jun 5, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I'm a huge fan of Janet Evanovich. This collaboration with Phoef Sutton on "Curious Minds" didn't disappoint. Fast paced story, quirky characters, and witty dialogue is just what I expected. Looking forward to the next Knight-Moon Novel!
  JeanieG | Jun 5, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I was really excited when I received the email telling me that I won a copy of Janet Evanovich's book through LibraryThing's Early Reviewer program. I've been a big fan of hers for years and looked forward to reading this.

In a nutshell, we have Emerson Knight, the eccentric billionaire and Riley Moon, small-town Texan who is has begun working at her dream job in Washington DC and is tasked by her boss to work with him to "find his gold." In the process, people disappear, get shot at, get chased, etc. All ingredients for a good mystery...

...except it wasn't. Even though there were parts that I did like, I had trouble liking the characters and got tired of all the inane dialogue.

Supposedly this is the first in a new series, but I don't think I'll be reading them. ( )
  PDianeB | Jun 3, 2017 |

Janet Evanovichprimary authorall editionscalculated
Sutton, PhoefAuthormain authorall editionsconfirmed

Janet Evanovich, #1 New York Times bestselling author of the Stephanie Plum series, teams up with Emmy-winning writer Phoef Sutton for a brand-new series of thrillers featuring charmingly eccentric Emerson Knight and professional go-getter Riley Moon.

(retrieved from Amazon Tue, 05 Apr 2016 13:11:15 -0400)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

Janet Evanovich's book Curious Minds is currently available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

Current discussions

Curious Minds in Book talk

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,047,877 books! | Top bar: Always visible