Curious Minds by Janet Evanovich

Curious Minds

by Janet Evanovich, Phoef Sutton (Author)

Great Book! Love the quirky characters. ( )
  ss_wooten | May 23, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I started this book with the expectation of loving it, and I was not disappointed. Janet Evanovich is an author I am partial to. This book starts what will probably be a great series about a pair drawn into being detectives,Emerson Knight and Riley Moon. Knight is a wealthy eccentric and Moon is a recent Harvard grad, and they are complete opposites. The dialogue is witty, and the action paced just right. A very fun read! ( )
  bonnieclyde | May 22, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I received this as an Early Reviewer. While the writing was good enough and it was a quick read, I could not really enjoy it as much as I would have thought. The humor seemed strained and the characters were almost caricatures of "quirky". I didn't really like them; I couldn't relate enough to want to. Even the side characters struck me as a little forced. I'm not sure why, I did enjoy Evanovich's other series (although they got old and I stopped reading them). I felt like I was supposed to be "charmed" by Ms. Moon but I was irked at her from the beginning for letting her boss call her "Moonbeam". ( )
  Wazeau | May 21, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Very quick read - the number of pages doesn't represent how much writing there is in the book due to the larger than normal print and wide spacing. In terms of content, it was OK. The characters were fine, if unbelievable, but the dialogue was repetitive. If I read "crap on a cracker" one more time, I was going to stop reading. Overall, not a horrible way to pass a summer day, if you want to read something light, but I wouldn't pay full hardback price. ( )
  owlie13 | May 21, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This book reminded me of the old television show 'Monk'. Emerson seemed a little far fetched in all of his antics. Riley seemed to go along with everything whether she thought it was a good idea or bad. Quick read but far from a favorite. ( )
  vjmtam | May 20, 2017 |

Janet Evanovichprimary authorall editionscalculated
Sutton, PhoefAuthormain authorall editionsconfirmed

Janet Evanovich, #1 New York Times bestselling author of the Stephanie Plum series, teams up with Emmy-winning writer Phoef Sutton for a brand-new series of thrillers featuring charmingly eccentric Emerson Knight and professional go-getter Riley Moon.

(retrieved from Amazon Tue, 05 Apr 2016 13:11:15 -0400)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

Janet Evanovich's book Curious Minds is currently available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 114,404,171 books! | Top bar: Always visible